Charger Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much are the dealers charging for the oil change in the HEMI?
What brand oil does the dealer use?

I did the first one myself. I used Castrol 5w20, 2.39 a quart at Pep
Boys and a Fram PH16 oil filter, $4.99. I'm not sure yet if I'm gonna keep doing them myself or let the dealer do it in the future.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Hey, I don't know how much people are being charged on oil changes.. I don't have to pay anything for oil changes because I got a service contract on our Durango... You can get either the dodge Lube Oil & Filter package which I think worked out to like 7 bucks per oil change.. You basicly get coupons to use.. You can do a 3000 or 6000 mile package.. Or you can do like we did and get the full scheduled mainenance package.. Does everything that the owners manual says to do at the scheduled intervals... I highly recommend looking in to this.. I think they say something about getting them within 120 days of vehicle purchase... But I think that kind of stuff is flexable.. Just see the finance department about them.. They don't like to offer them because they lose money on them.. But they are there to purchase..

·
Registered
8 Posts
dealer oil change = too much
just take the 30 minutes to do it yourself so you know it's done right and so you know exactly what's going into your car

I would recommend Mobil 1 synthetic and Mobil 1 oil filter

·
Registered
126 Posts
At my dealership we charge 28.95. This is for a mopar filter and mopar 5w20, 7 quarts. Jason.

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
jtfisher63 said:
At my dealership we charge 28.95. This is for a mopar filter and mopar 5w20, 7 quarts. Jason.
That's a good price considering I spent over $20 doing it myself.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Mine was $34.68. Break down was like this:

Filter:.............4.64
5w20 (5qt):...12.13
5w20 (2qt):.....5.40
shop supplies:..2.17
labor:.............9.00
tax:...............1.34

It was cheaper when I changed it myself at 1K miles - Fram filter and 7 qts of Mobile 1 5w20.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Love My dealer....$9.95 and every 6th ones free. Their reasoning is it keeps your car coming back so they cwn keep the service up to date...

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Me:

7 quarts of Mobil 5,000 oil: $12
labor and filter at local shop $14

$26

·
Registered
39 Posts
Dr. SRT said:
if you want them to use synthetic they charge you more
You guys using Synthetic, or regular? I have not seen either way which is reccomended... and i'm just about at my 3k marker

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
robs said:
You guys using Synthetic, or regular? I have not seen either way which is reccomended...
That's kind of like the "less filling / taste great" debate.
If you change your oil every 3k, I don't think you can go wrong with regular.

·
Registered
245 Posts
$30.95 Mopar filter and mopar oil.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts