Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wondering how much a charger srt-8 that is fully loaded with every option weight? I was told it weights in around 4400 plus pounds with a 3/4 tank of gas. I would just like to know...

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
that sounds about right from what I learned when I was a fleet manager

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
I am wondering how much a charger srt-8 that is fully loaded with every option weight? I was told it weights in around 4400 plus pounds with a 3/4 tank of gas. I would just like to know...
The quoted curb weight of the Charger and 300 is 4160lbs. The Magnum seems a tad higher (+80lbs). The difference between that and 4400 may be comprised of extra options, gas, and how many Cheeseburgers and Pizzas the driver indulges in......

·
Registered
2,568 Posts

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
go to a scrap yard! they have huge scales u can drive onto and it tells you what the car weighs. (they have them so trucks can weigh before and after they dump stuff, and figure out how much they dumped) my mango was around like 4200!

getting weighed doesnt cost anything and u dont even have to ask them

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
I weigh 250, I always check the weight of the car after my first run at the track. Almost always right at 4500 pounds with around a 1/4 tank.

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
I have all 3 option groups on mine, not sure how much more weight that could be.

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
4160lbs is VERY close, Mine tipped the scales at 4150lbs with a full tank and no driver... add an average "american" and you're looking at 4300+lbs easily. Just sharing, since I did weigh mine.
Thanks, I thought the 4400 curb was high, otherwise, either these cars don't trap at 108, don't have RWHP of 370, don't run very low 13's, or the laws of physics don't apply to the SRT8's:lol: .

·
Banned
206 Posts
Thanks, I thought the 4400 curb was high, otherwise, either these cars don't trap at 108, don't have RWHP of 370, don't run very low 13's, or the laws of physics don't apply to the SRT8's:lol: .
I actually believe in your laws of physics statement. Mine trapped 113.47 last time out with just the Predator and I really don't understand how a 4400+ pound car can trap that high without say 425-450 RWHP...

·
Banned
206 Posts
A 08 SuperBee, SRT option1, no sunroof, 1/4 tank of fuel weights exactly 4083 Lbs.
How much heavier is an '07 Magnum SRT-8 with no sunroof and only option #2 (auto headlights, air filtration, dual zone HVAC, etc)?

·
Registered
4,594 Posts
Mine weighed just about 4200 last time i took her to the track. I do not weigh over 2 bills, though...

·
Premium Member
1,196 Posts
I weigh 250, I always check the weight of the car after my first run at the track. Almost always right at 4500 pounds with around a 1/4 tank.

Your just a Heavy weight! My little 300 is 4435 with a 1/4 tank of gas and me in it and I weight 205 lbs (now). :biggrinjester:

Oh yea mine has every option group, Side air bags, Sun roof, big AZZ extra speakers in the trunk, only no for the rear DVD player.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
my magnum was 4650 with me in it and my 300 is around 4500...if you have sunroof and side airbags thats about 400lbs extra right there.

·
Premium Member
28,730 Posts
my magnum was 4650 with me in it and my 300 is around 4500...if you have sunroof and side airbags thats about 400lbs extra right there.
no sunroof here... not sure about the side air bags though:D

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Yikes! I have those two on my Bee and always figured it added...never thought that much tho!!

My bee always has felt heaver than my RT...had sunroof on the RT no side airbags. anyway, just ordered some hi-flows/drop in filter/Catback to hopefully compensate for the added weight

damn tho...FOUR HUNDRED pounds. Damn Damn!

1 - 20 of 47 Posts