Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On Thursday I took my Hemi to Dodge service center for a 10.000kms service and it cost me Dh775 = $211 !!!:shocked:

Isn't that a rip off??? Does everybody else pay as much?

Obviously identical service in any other decent garage would have been at least twice cheaper. Maybe even cheaper if I did it myself but 60.000kms/3years warranty will be lost if I don't have my car serviced at Dodge.

Also while getting the service done I was offered an SRT hood without functional airbox for only Dh11000 = $3000....

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Dubai FTW

I would LOVE to visit!
3k way too much!!!

·
Premium Member
908 Posts
Thats a rip off imo.. for my 20k service i only paid 32BD or 320Dhs (thats about 85$)

Also 3k$ for an SRT hood total ripoff!.. get a hood from any vendor and ship it thru aramex as it will be way cheaper!

·
Premium Member
1,600 Posts
It isnt a rip off. That is the price of the Al Futtaim (only dealer in the UAE) 10K service.

You have to keep in mind Tyrant that the UAE is MUCh more expensive ain every way than Bahrain.

Is it "ethical" to make us pay that uch? Probably not, but that is the listed price for that service. I myslef paid 580 AED for it. but Im in there every other month for parts/paint so they allow me a discount.

And its true, if servicing isnt done by then you forego your WHOLE warranty. So it is "entrapment" but legal as Dodge has only awarded dealership privileges to one company here.

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
Yeah, but you guys can afford that there. :biggrinjester:

j/k but in all the visits I've made to Dubai, that place has a lot of money to blow. While I know it's the prince spending most of the money, there are still a lot of people driving around in cars that most Americans couldn't afford. If it wasn't for the heat, I wouldn't mind living there. But then again, I could always hit up the indoor ski slope to cool off.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks like I'll be ordering parts from overseas and only have the dealership install it.
Thanks Tyrant.

ultrablue Thanks for the information. Now I know I'm not the only person that's being robbed.

By the way I got my car tinted at dealership and it must be the most horrible tinting I've ever seen. There is dust and small hairs trapped under the film so I took it back and they promised to fix it.

·
Registered
7,627 Posts
I am still under warranty and I change my own oil. $3k is way too expensive for a SRT hood. I think you can get one color matched and installed for 1/2 that in the states.

·
Premium Member
1,600 Posts
Looks like I'll be ordering parts from overseas and only have the dealership install it.
Thanks Tyrant.

ultrablue Thanks for the information. Now I know I'm not the only person that's being robbed.

By the way I got my car tinted at dealership and it must be the most horrible tinting I've ever seen. There is dust and small hairs trapped under the film so I took it back and they promised to fix it.
Robbed is a harsh word in my case. lol. They do try to accommodate me as much as possible as almost nothing on my car is stock anymore. I've spend 140K AED in mods, so in many instances they refuse to service some parts of her.

But for the stock or mildly moded, yeah, its highway robbery. and I suggest you find a reputable 3rd party shop. for example, Al Futtaim charges 400 for wheel balancing and alignment. The guy I go to in AD charges me 100 for everything and does excellent work.

As for tint, God there are VERY few places who do it well, and the dealer is not one of them.

Try Yellowhat Japan in Times Square in Dubai. They have a few guys working there that do WONDERS when it comes to tint, detailing and audio/video installs. And their prices arent that bad either.

Our problem here is that we tend to look at the car's price, not what it will cost to maintain it for say, 4 or 5 years. If you do, given that some dealers like BMW offer FULL FREE service for 5 years, sometimes the extra cash for that BMW isnt half bad.

·
Premium Member
1,600 Posts
Thats a rip off imo.. for my 20k service i only paid 32BD or 320Dhs (thats about 85$)

Also 3k$ for an SRT hood total ripoff!.. get a hood from any vendor and ship it thru aramex as it will be way cheaper!
Tyrant, Ive shipped many things via Aramex, From my iMac to guitars to my borla 125s. But Im kinda scared to ship a hood. What if I receive it and it's got a crack?

Did they take care of your hood when it was shipped? Would you suggest me doing that?

·
Registered
391 Posts
I can hardly fathom what it would cost to have my car worked on in the UAE. Just the cost to ship it over there would be serious change.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ultrablue - You are very helpful. Thank you.

Yesterday morning when going to work I saw cops near my car waiting for me. It turned out that at night some body took a big brick and started randomly breaking windows in parked cars. A total of 9 cars got damaged. This is in Khalidiya. The morons couldn't break my HEMI's window so they damaged 2 doors. And of course the glass has deep scratches. I'll post the pictures later.

Somebody hated that tint more than I did. :)

The quotation for repairs just came from dealership which states AED 11375 and 6 working days. :(

·
Registered
481 Posts
Well still better than servicing a charger in Doha - Al Manaa!
they are ripping my friend and if u want to add any mod on the engine they directly claim ok no more warranty. what is that? but lately they drop the prices a bit .. example..
Borla Exhaust 7000 QR. (1800$)
SRT hood 5500 QR with 1 month delivery period. (1500$)
Floor mats dodge with the R/T emblem ... 350 QR (100$)
I might be picking up my RT next month ...

·
Premium Member
1,600 Posts
Do they slice off appendages in UAE? I'm dreading seeing your pictures.
Not anymore sadly. If someone threw a brink into my car, I'd end him where he stood.

·
Premium Member
1,600 Posts
Well still better than servicing a charger in Doha - Al Manaa!
they are ripping my friend and if u want to add any mod on the engine they directly claim ok no more warranty. what is that? but lately they drop the prices a bit .. example..
Borla Exhaust 7000 QR. (1800$)
SRT hood 5500 QR with 1 month delivery period. (1500$)
Floor mats dodge with the R/T emblem ... 350 QR (100$)
I might be picking up my RT next month ...
I bought my borla 125s online and had them shipped and it all cost me 500 bucks less than that!

·
Premium Member
1,600 Posts
Ultrablue - You are very helpful. Thank you.

Yesterday morning when going to work I saw cops near my car waiting for me. It turned out that at night some body took a big brick and started randomly breaking windows in parked cars. A total of 9 cars got damaged. This is in Khalidiya. The morons couldn't break my HEMI's window so they damaged 2 doors. And of course the glass has deep scratches. I'll post the pictures later.

Somebody hated that tint more than I did. :)

The quotation for repairs just came from dealership which states AED 11375 and 6 working days. :(
Insurance?

My car has been at the dealer's for the last 8 days for 6 panels of paint. I get her back tomorrow. But thursday is a 1/2 day for them, so I need to leave work, ram my new 22 inch wheels in my friend's SUV, drive to Mussafah, hand them the wheels, pick up the car, pay almost 6K, drive it 4 minutes to Extreme performance to check the pipings and stuff, drive back to work, then after work, drive back, pick her up, and take her to "try" to get registered again. This is attempt number 2.

If all goes well I will be driving the 410 all over the country this weekend! lol. :driving:

If you're at the dealer's tomorrow, we might cross paths.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Here are the pictures. The dents and scratches don't look too bad due to silver paint but the doors are a little deformed and even wobble when pushed on a molding.
I've never had a single scratch since I bought my HEMI. :(

Ultrablue - I told watchman to contact me first (not police) next time he sees someone near my car.:slap:

Insurance will cover 90% because I have my UAE driver's license for less than a year. In the agreement it says that if during the accident the car was driven by a person with driver's license issued less than 1 year ago insurance will only cover 90%.
I'm going to argue with insurance company about this because during the accident the car wasn't driven at all. At least I'll try.

I'd love to see your car in person. Unfortunately most Chargers I see around have stickers and glue-on mods only:biggrinjester:. I had no plans of going to dealership today but that might change. What time will you be picking her up after work?

Attachments

·
Registered
166 Posts
You should be happy paying 775 for 10K. I paied 975 for 20K last week.

As for procurement, agree with others. I got my Borla 125 from third party vendor with like 2000-3000K lower than what Al Futtaim had quoted.

After I installed it, I did my 20K service and they said nothing about it.

On Thursday I took my Hemi to Dodge service center for a 10.000kms service and it cost me Dh775 = $211 !!!:shocked:

Isn't that a rip off??? Does everybody else pay as much?

Obviously identical service in any other decent garage would have been at least twice cheaper. Maybe even cheaper if I did it myself but 60.000kms/3years warranty will be lost if I don't have my car serviced at Dodge.

Also while getting the service done I was offered an SRT hood without functional airbox for only Dh11000 = $3000....

·
Premium Member
1,600 Posts
Holy fook! You sure someone doesnt hate your guts? That is a mess! I had my whole rear bumper repainted for a DOT, not 2mm round. I cant imagine having that done to my charger!

I want to cry.

Unfortunately most Chargers I see around have stickers and glue-on mods only:biggrinjester:. I had no plans of going to dealership today but that might change. What time will you be picking her up after work?
I was there 1 pm, 1/2 an hour before they closed. I posted a few pics of her with her new rims.

As for the glue-on moded chargers, I have to agree. There was even an article in top performance mag about 2 dubai based chargers and they were more riced out than my old Eclipses! Sad, but thats what gets people's attention. Aside from my rims, you wouldnt know I had a 410 under the hood... hell, Most people are easily captivated by the shine, not the vroom.

I'm actually waiting for my lipkit (danko) then I will have her featured in that same mag. Not sure when, but it'll be sometime before year's end.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts