Charger Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to know what the daytona guys are paying for thier daytona. My dad said we could get one if my mom pays off her van

My dealer had no idea how much one retailed for, and he told me that ther is no incentives if i orderd one i.e, MSRP, or invoice.

So how much are you guys paying?

John

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
808Chargerfan said:
I wanted to know what the daytona guys are paying for thier daytona. My dad said we could get one if my mom pays off her van

My dealer had no idea how much one retailed for, and he told me that ther is no incentives if i orderd one i.e, MSRP, or invoice.

So how much are you guys paying?

John

I am paying just above invoice for mine...

invoice is $33,974 for a fairly loaded Daytona, add about another $1500-2000 for a totally fully loaded one...

the MSRP on mine is $36,735

the above prices are for my first order with the protection package, I do not yet have a printout for the 2nd daytona order I have.....

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How about for a base daytona

and Daytona R/T, how were u able to get it for invoice?

John

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
for a base, deduct $4240 from MSRP and $3901 from invoice

as for my buying at invoice... I am paying over invoice, but not by much... how?

I deal with invoice + when I buy, not MSRP down like alot of people... when calling around for prices from dealers, I was quoted anywhere from $500 to $1000 over invoice, but was also quoted $1000 over MSRP by another dealer....

A dealer in Idaho quoted me $217 over invoice, and I ended up getting alocal dealer to basically give me a price where it made no sense to go to Idaho (I live about 1600 miles from the dealer in Idaho).

Some dealers when you call and ask for an over invoice price will tell you that they cannot do that, and to come in and sit down, I tell them I am not going to drive for over an hour to be told they will sell me MSRP, and that if they want me to come in, to give me the best price, the dealer who gives me the best price, and faxes said quote to me so I have something in writing, gets my business.

My family is used to buying fleet with a fleet number, so for the past 30 years my father has not played dealer games, and has bought with the negotiation starting at invoice...and hence I am used to buying this way. Once you are used to buying this way, you will not put up with car salesman games unless you are bored and have time to kill....

However with you being out in Hawaii, and not to many dealers, there is no compitition and they can probably charge whatever they want.... so hope you have a family friend who is high up at the dealer....

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We only have 4 dodge dealers here, 3 with the cutter group. A dealer quoted me about 43K for a brand new daytona with no options. My mom said that she gets a special doscount on dodge vehicles from her company (Hawaiian Telcom, then verizon hawaii), because everyone of thier truck, cars and vans are dodges. Although she never inquired about the discount, she does not know how much of a discount.

Maybe someone here knows what discount im talking about.

John

·
Registered
630 Posts
808Chargerfan said:
My mom said that she gets a special doscount on dodge vehicles from her company (Hawaiian Telcom, then verizon hawaii), because everyone of thier truck, cars and vans are dodges. Although she never inquired about the discount, she does not know how much of a discount.
John, its possible that your mom's company has a "business-to-business" deal with the local dealership. My wife's company does and that is how I got my deal. Wife called her B2B number, told them what type of car (dodge, ford, whatever) and they gave us the name and number of the dealer contact. Called him, told him we were B2B customer's and what we wanted. He gave me a price of invoice + 5%. Told him I was going to shop around and see what else I could find. He called me back later and told me he could do invoice + 3%. Sold! I also have a broker available through my Credit Union (bank) and all my previous deals were in the 2 and 3 percent over invoice range. I felt that I likely couldn't do any better, so I got the ball rolling.

Base Price MSRP is $32495 (including DH), invoice is $30033.

My order with options is $36890/$34116 (MSRP/Invoice), 3% over invoice comes to $35139 or invoice + $1023.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I ordered my Daytona with the Nav system, Electronic Conv Grp, U Connect, and smokers Group

Sticker was $35410, I got it for $1000 over invoice $32715+ $1000= $33715.

·
Registered
60 Posts
808Chargerfan said:
We only have 4 dodge dealers here, 3 with the cutter group. A dealer quoted me about 43K for a brand new daytona with no options. My mom said that she gets a special doscount on dodge vehicles from her company (Hawaiian Telcom, then verizon hawaii), because everyone of thier truck, cars and vans are dodges. Although she never inquired about the discount, she does not know how much of a discount.

Maybe someone here knows what discount im talking about.

John
It's called the DiamlerChrysler Employee Advantage Program...I have access to it as a M-B dealer employee. When I called about a new charger, I was told that because it's a new vehicle in "higher than production" demand, no employee discounts are avalible. The same holds true for the V8 magnum and 300. Hopefully, within the next year the car wil be in the program. The discount is set at 100-500 over cost, not invoice...better than what you will get with the employee pricing for the general public.

·
Banned
35 Posts
umm about 80-100k or i can fix mine up as clone for under 50k...oh did I mention that its real daytona too? no magnum sedan with wing on it. :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
I think it is funny there are actually people out there who are able to associate a performance car with four doors.

"I need to take my 4 kids to soccer practice, but I want to do it at 130mph!"

:tongue:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts