Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm just trying to get an idea of how many people are using what tuner. Just reply "Superchips" or "Diablosport" and how long you've been using it, and if you are satisfied.

I currently have a DS Predator, and looking to go BACK to the Superchips because it is more suitable to my needs. (I'm not doing heads/cam or turbos, I just have a CAI and an exhaust modification for the most part).

I enjoy the power of the predator (have had for 6 months), but I feel like my car was faster and ran better, sounded better, got better mpg with the Superchips. The DS kind of tones down the exhaust and smooths everything. So, I'm getting a Superchips Flashpaq back and I'll see exactly which one is better (maybe even sell off the DS Predator too if I like the other tuner better).

Thanks for any responses I get! Also, any damages done to the guys running a Superchips? EGR, Cats burned up, poor mpg, throttle body issues, backfire a muffler?

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
4,249 Posts
I think some what you think you hear exhaust wise is in your head. I'd also be surprised if SC programming is more aggressive than DS. In the truck world, the DS has more aggressive programming than SC, but SC in a lot of cases did yield better fuel economy out of the trucks, so I don't see why it wouldn't here either. Also, SC didn't have as many parameters to modify for a more custom tune. You were kinda stuck with their tunes only.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think some what you think you hear exhaust wise is in your head. I'd also be surprised if SC programming is more aggressive than DS. In the truck world, the DS has more aggressive programming than SC, but SC in a lot of cases did yield better fuel economy out of the trucks, so I don't see why it wouldn't here either. Also, SC didn't have as many parameters to modify for a more custom tune. You were kinda stuck with their tunes only.
I kind of prefer the Superchips lack of customization in their tuning. Because I don't plan to do any serious mods (heads, cam, supercharger, etc) then I don't need flexibility in tuning. I just need a straight forward "This is the best possible tune for this octane", and to turn MDS off. I don't care about shift points or throttle boost, those are just ways to destroy my car prematurely with stock components. I'm just trying to see who is using the superchips and if they still like it for however long they've used it.

I OWN a DS Predator and I think it's good, but it's not the 'cats pajamas'.

·
Premium Member
5,531 Posts
If you want to get an idea how many people use what, instead of having them comment you can make a poll on your thread. You'll get more responses and a visual graph of who uses what as opposed to having people comment with a single word (which is not going to happen) and count everyone's vote. :beerchug: Just trying to help you get the response you want
By the way I use Diablo.

Also, if you're going to spend that amount of money why get something with limited options? Even if you don't use all the options at least you have them making it worth the price vs Superchips being as expensive as it is and giving you limited options.

·
Premium Member
5,531 Posts
I don't care about shift points or throttle boost, those are just ways to destroy my car prematurely with stock components.
I don't think you understand how throttle boost works, it's not going to destroy anything...and maybe your lack of knowledge on the DiabloSport tuner is what makes you think that Superchips would be better suited for you.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
I've got a friend that has had his for maybe a year. I linked him to your thread so hopefully he will get on here and let you know what he thinks of his.

·
Registered
8,947 Posts
With my Charger, I used the Diablo Predator. 5 years ago it was THE tuner to have for these vehicles! I guess now they don't offer the Predator new, just the Intune.

For my Ram 1500, since I'm not doing any major upgrades to it, the SC tuner does what I need for a reasonable price. I've been happy with it, just using the 87 Oct. tune. :)

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
With my Charger, I used the Diablo Predator. 5 years ago it was THE tuner to have for these vehicles! I guess now they don't offer the Predator new, just the Intune.

For my Ram 1500, since I'm not doing any major upgrades to it, the SC tuner does what I need for a reasonable price. I've been happy with it, just using the 87 Oct. tune. :)
Thank you for answering the way I asked from the get go, instead of telling me I don't know what I am talking about because I don't hold Diablo on some imaginery pedestal.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
I don't think you understand how throttle boost works, it's not going to destroy anything...and maybe your lack of knowledge on the DiabloSport tuner is what makes you think that Superchips would be better suited for you.
I know what the diablo offers, I have been through the tuning options. But instead of mindlessly listening to advice from people or just playing with my engine, I read up on features I was not familiar with. Please stop defending diablosport, as that is not what I am looking to hear on this thread. I feel like I'm in a twilight zone where everyone on this forum feels the need to downplay anything they don't prefer, and hold up "their picks" higher than Wiz Khalifa. I use DS, and it's good, but I prefer Superchips from what I can remember. It's not like the DS and SC tunes are "day and night" comparison, I honestly did not see a world of difference performance wise, there is a world of difference of which tuner allows you to blow up your engine by your own hand and which does not. There is not warning of non-warrantied damage in any menu on the Superchips, there IS however 3 warnings on the Predator, one of which is a waiver of all liability of damage when you enter the menu where things like "Throttle Boost" and "Rev Limiter" are located.

So, like the guys who try to cram BND and Quantam fluids down my throat, please just keep it to yourself if you're going to be rude.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Nothing he said was rude at all.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Seemed like he was trying to say I don't know anything. Perhaps I misread it though, I apologize if he meant no disrespect, because that's not my goal on this forum either.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello. I'm new to this forum. My buddy told me about this thread. I have a super chips flashpaq and I have been very happy with it . I gained a full second on my 0-60 time with a 91 performance tune. I have a cai and pypes cat back exhaust. I originally did not plan on major mods. But now I think I will be doing some headers and cam sometime in the next year. I've been looking for a good deal on a predator. Unless you want to trade lol.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hello. I'm new to this forum. My buddy told me about this thread. I have a super chips flashpaq and I have been very happy with it . I gained a full second on my 0-60 time with a 91 performance tune. I have a cai and pypes cat back exhaust. I originally did not plan on major mods. But now I think I will be doing some headers and cam sometime in the next year. I've been looking for a good deal on a predator. Unless you want to trade lol.
I would have thought about it, only I already picked up a Superchips off eBay for $80 today. I've got to test it compared to the Diablosport and see how they match up.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I would have thought about it, only I already picked up a Superchips off eBay for $80 today. I've got to test it compared to the Diablosport and see how they match up.
Cancel your order and I'll send you mine and $50!! I think the user interface is much easier to use on the flashpaq.

·
Premium Member
5,531 Posts
I know what the diablo offers, I have been through the tuning options. But instead of mindlessly listening to advice from people or just playing with my engine, I read up on features I was not familiar with. Please stop defending diablosport, as that is not what I am looking to hear on this thread. I feel like I'm in a twilight zone where everyone on this forum feels the need to downplay anything they don't prefer, and hold up "their picks" higher than Wiz Khalifa. I use DS, and it's good, but I prefer Superchips from what I can remember. It's not like the DS and SC tunes are "day and night" comparison, I honestly did not see a world of difference performance wise, there is a world of difference of which tuner allows you to blow up your engine by your own hand and which does not. There is not warning of non-warrantied damage in any menu on the Superchips, there IS however 3 warnings on the Predator, one of which is a waiver of all liability of damage when you enter the menu where things like "Throttle Boost" and "Rev Limiter" are located.

So, like the guys who try to cram BND and Quantam fluids down my throat, please just keep it to yourself if you're going to be rude.
I'm sorry if I came off being rude, I'm trying to be honest, probably could have worded it better. If you felt I was personally attacking you that was not my intention and I apologize for any misunderstanding. I'm also not mindlessly defending DiabloSport, it's what I've been using so I know its features. I've also done my research prior to buying a tuner, this one made the most sense for the money. Predator has these warnings as insurance, just like blinds on a window have a warning for strangling by the cord, yeah it can happen but as long as you don't do anything silly you'll be fine. When it comes to the Predator I only play with the features I understand, if I screw with the other stuff then yes I'll probably destroy my engine.

Again, I'm sincerely sorry if I came off wrong man I was really just trying to help I'm not trying to insult you or anything.

Do keep us posted though about what you find when you compare the two different tuners, I'd be interested to see the results :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts