Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've searched through the forum and can't seem to find the answer. So... How long can the Hemi last assuming proper maintainence is followed. What is the highest mileage recorded??

·
Premium Member
17,663 Posts
Hopefully, we don't know yet.

·
Registered
660 Posts
better be beyond 300,000 miles.
I took care of my 89 mercury Cougar, weekly oil checks always got the necessary oil change.
The car is under my dad's posession but it currently has 310,000 miles on the original engine.

·
Registered
4,848 Posts
better be beyond 300,000 miles.
I took care of my 89 mercury Cougar, weekly oil checks always got the necessary oil change.
The car is under my dad's posession but it currently has 310,000 miles on the original engine.
that is amazing for that car. i had an 89 acura integra commuter that had over 270k and i thought that was unbelievable.

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
I's say the 5.7 is a pretty tough engine. They seem to keep on going in the Rams.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
as long as u dont beat the hell out of it, i will last long time

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
It'll last as long as you take good care of it.

·
Premium Member
8,140 Posts
It will run a very long time as long as you keep it full of water and clean oil no matter how hard you run in it considering no major mods are done.

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
one of my customers has 323,??? miles on his 02 ram. Whoo hoooo royal purple. No enternals have been touched.

·
Registered
480 Posts
I think there are already quite a few magnums on lxforums that are in the 100K+ range. The 5.7 is a very durable engine and should last quite a while if maintained properly.

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
Pushrod engines are always more reliable, so hopefully it will las a really long time.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts

·
Registered
928 Posts
:dead: <------ HEMI at 243,985 miles.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Get with me in a couple of years. I got my '07 RT r/t Memorial Day this year, just clocked 10,000 on it last week.

·
Banned
2,466 Posts
how long would they last with ppl beatin on them pushing them racin them an all is what i wanna know?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts