Charger Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After ordering the car, about how long does it usually take for the dealer to get a VON#? TIA!

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
SEDave said:
After ordering the car, about how long does it usually take for the dealer to get a VON#? TIA!

they will get a VON# as soon as they submit the order to DC...

·
Registered
231 Posts
I had mine before I left the dealership. So it all depends on when they order it.. you should be able to call and get it from them.

edward

·
Registered
630 Posts
SEDave said:
Are you asking about VIN or VON. Two different things.

A VON is your Vehicle Order Number and is returned to the dealership upon successfully submitting the order (thru their computer ordering system) to DCX.

A VIN is your Vehicle Identifcation Number, which is determined only when they schedule your car for the factory. Get a VIN# and you are getting close to having your car.

In the mean time we sit and wait for the day that we all leave "B" status and go "D"... and have VIN in hand.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I ordered the car exactly 1 week ago today and they did NOT have a VON# for me yet. Does this mean my order hasn't been processed yet??? :confused:

·
Registered
630 Posts
Something is not right. If you were there sitting with the guy as he placed the order, then you should have been able to walk out the door (after making a deposit) with a VON in hand. If it was a week ago and they don't have a VON#, then someone is not doing their job and/or are not telling you the whole story.

My experience was I had talked to this one dealer who thru my wife's company was able to provide me a discount. After a week of negotiations and talking with other dealers and brokers, the original dealer gave me the lowest offer and I agreed to come down and order the car. Spend about 20 mins with him in his office while he typed everything into their computer ordering system. Wrote him a check for a deposit. Was handed a print out of the order (with VON# on it). Got some keys to a Black R/T and took a 30 min test drive around the area. Came back, gave them back the keys and then we left for dinner.

I think we need more details on what it was you did with the dealer to know if they are yanking you. Or if you are misunderstanding what they are telling you. First thing you need to do is call the dealer back and if you get no satisfaction from the saleman, ask to talk to his manager... or ever skip the whole thing and just call and ask to talk to the GM. Get tough, don't let them do things that put you on the defence.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Ya, that's hard to figure, I walked out of the dealers with VON in hand, hmmmm :confused:

·
Registered
608 Posts
jim383 said:
when car goes to d status then you will get it
I think he's talking VON, not VIN :)

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
CO-Charger said:
Something is not right. If you were there sitting with the guy as he placed the order, then you should have been able to walk out the door (after making a deposit) with a VON in hand. If it was a week ago and they don't have a VON#, then someone is not doing their job and/or are not telling you the whole story.

My experience was I had talked to this one dealer who thru my wife's company was able to provide me a discount. After a week of negotiations and talking with other dealers and brokers, the original dealer gave me the lowest offer and I agreed to come down and order the car. Spend about 20 mins with him in his office while he typed everything into their computer ordering system. Wrote him a check for a deposit. Was handed a print out of the order (with VON# on it). Got some keys to a Black R/T and took a 30 min test drive around the area. Came back, gave them back the keys and then we left for dinner.

I think we need more details on what it was you did with the dealer to know if they are yanking you. Or if you are misunderstanding what they are telling you. First thing you need to do is call the dealer back and if you get no satisfaction from the saleman, ask to talk to his manager... or ever skip the whole thing and just call and ask to talk to the GM. Get tough, don't let them do things that put you on the defence.
I did pretty much the exact same thing you did... the deal was made over the phone and then I went down the next day and left a deposit by check. I have a print out of what was ordered, but the entire print out is shifted to the right, which would cut off the VON if it is on there. I am going to call again today. I'm hoping he misunderstood me and thought I meant VIN instead of VON. My salesman IS the GM, so hopefully its just a misunderstanding. Thanks for the help everyone!

·
Registered
353 Posts
no i have addvanced shippers here and all our d or d-1 status have vin and von numbers

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
He did think that I meant VIN when we spoke... I may be changing to a Daytona now, since he said I can still change my order to one! :)

·
Registered
630 Posts
SEDave said:
He did think that I meant VIN when we spoke... I may be changing to a Daytona now, since he said I can still change my order to one! :)
Kewl Dave! If you do, welcome to the DC club!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts