Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered a 2021 widebody scatpack charger November 11th, 2020 and was wondering if anyone else ordered one and how long it took for each stage? I’m in Germany by the way I just want to know how long production and the build stage usually takes.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I believe I read an article on here that said the plant was shut down for 30 days due to not being able to get parts.
Can anybody else on this forum confirm this?

2019 Charger R/T Scat Pack Plus

·
Registered
2019 Scat Pack
1,117 Posts
Can't you plug the VIN or something in to watch the progress? I've had cars in the US take months even when everything was normal.

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
No more easy VIN tracker, Dodge killed that a few years ago.

But for an idea, you can use this one.

COMPLETE VIN

ALL CAPS

When the Options List (build sheet) shows up, it's built.

When the Window Sticker shows up, it is status KZ and is ready to ship.

And shipping time normally averages about 100 miles per day from Brampton, ON to your dealer.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
I just ordered my 2021 Charger Scat Pack Widebody 1/8/21. Dealer says 8-12 weeks.
8 weeks seems unlikely with plant shutdown.

12 is possible if the plant reopens on time in early Feb and they can start getting caught up.

This Covid is still causing havoc.

·
Premium Member
3,922 Posts
Depending on how many vehicles are in queue ahead of you, it can be several months before a specific order is built. There are a lot of factors. My 2008 and my 2018 were both about five weeks, but they were both ordered very close to model-year-end buildout. That's when they stop taking orders for a year preparing for the next model year. By then dealerships have placed the last of their orders, so demand is low.

These days you've got COVID plus it's in the middle of a model year plus the holidays plus the plant shutdown that was just mentioned, it could still be another couple months before your car is built. Once it's started, it's usually done same day, but quality-control and shipping can take a while.

You should also know that here in Ontario (Canada), we're probably going to announce more dramatic lockdowns on Tuesday. It may be that not only the Brampton FCA plant that makes the Charger plus its various feeder and support plants could be shut down for a while. You can keep an eye on those announcements at cbc.ca

TLDR: can take several months, specific circumstances not good in your favor, be (very) patient and don't expect the car any time soon.

Reactions: Slidd

·
Registered
5,242 Posts
During normal times it was about a month. God knows what it will be now with the line shut down.

Best,

·
Registered
38 Posts
This is good information to know. I need to order, but it looks like Canada is going to cause some issues. Not that it doesn't happen here too, but it's a bummer. I don't want to wait until summer is over to get a car.

·
Registered
15 Posts
8 weeks seems unlikely with plant shutdown.

12 is possible if the plant reopens on time in early Feb and they can start getting caught up.

This Covid is still causing havoc.

I'll post in here when it arrives, I'm fully expecting the 12 weeks or longer.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I ordered a 2021 widebody scatpack charger November 11th, 2020 and was wondering if anyone else ordered one and how long it took for each stage? I’m in Germany by the way I just want to know how long production and the build stage usually takes.
Here is the timeline for my order. Ordered 9-11-20, "D" status was 10-12-20, "D1" status was 11-06-20, gateway status ready to ship was 11-24-20. Dropped shipped in Arizona and at the dealer 12-21-20, In my garage on 12-22-20. D status means all the parts are available and it is scheduled for build, D-1, it's built. I'm thinking that it would take longer to leave the shores of the US to Germany than it would be to build it. I have heard that there is a shortage on the chip side of the build process, damn computers. You're dealer could keep you up to date...

·
Registered
38 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,922 Posts
This really sucks. Been planning on this for a while now, and this is what happens. This means an order now probably isn't going to be available until May or June. Not sure if I'm going to wait that long.
Well. The chip shortage (and interestingly I haven't seen anyone print what type of chips these are) won't last forever. The Ontario lockdown order doesn't seem to me to impact factories. People are still allowed to go to work. I was concerned that all non-essential businesses would be closed, but that doesn't seem to be the case. So, yeah, this might be a month delay. But really... when you're going to have a car for years, what's a couple (more) months wait? If you cancel your order, the result will be the same: you won't have the car.

This is me, assuming you've ordered something "special" that can't be closely matched by what's already on a lot somewhere.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Well. The chip shortage (and interestingly I haven't seen anyone print what type of chips these are) won't last forever. The Ontario lockdown order doesn't seem to me to impact factories. People are still allowed to go to work. I was concerned that all non-essential businesses would be closed, but that doesn't seem to be the case. So, yeah, this might be a month delay. But really... when you're going to have a car for years, what's a couple (more) months wait? If you cancel your order, the result will be the same: you won't have the car.

This is me, assuming you've ordered something "special" that can't be closely matched by what's already on a lot somewhere.
Doug Ford has said the automotive industry is an essential service since the beginning, so factories, dealerships and parts stores should still be open.

·
Registered
35 Posts

That's the only reason I special ordered mine. I could get the things that "I" really wanted. It seems that the cars that were in the 58K-61K MSRP range all had the tech package, I've got that on a Jeep GC High Altitude Hemi, just hate it, in fact I have as much of it as I can turned off. Don't need any stinkin nannies...

·
Registered
2020 Scat Pack Plus Pitch Black
872 Posts
Sorry man but I think it would be wise to find on either coming in on a lot of one on a lot. It's whaat I did when I was shopping for my Scat pack. My usual is to submit a order to my sales man, he tells me how long estimate and then it comes in. My last 2 vehicles 2017 Durango R/T and a 2019 Charger AWD where built for me. I was gonna do the exact same thing this time around but with Covid and uncertain delivery dates , I worked out a deal with my salesman hat he would inform me of every single Scat Pack hitting the lot and when the truck comes in , he would send me pics of the car and the window sticker. I didn't get exactly what I wanted but I got one that has what I wanted on it and I'm very happy plus it was a bit cheaper as it didn't have all the options I selected. It's so nice to save a few bucks especially on options you really don't need.
I hope you get your exact car but there are some options you might be able to find one that is close to what you want and you might actually save a few bucks in the process.

·
Registered
38 Posts
For me, the ordering process didn't go well, but I wanted to pursue it because usually the vehicles have way more nickel and dime options than I want. For instance on the truck I had before it went in on a lease return, I ended up paying for $1000 rim option I didn't want but it was the only truck in the area that was configured the way I wanted in the rest of the build.

For the OP, I don't think 8 weeks is totally out of line. I'd give it another month and then talk to the dealer about finding other options.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts