Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I'm selling my 2008 Charger SE, and planning to upgrade to an 11,12,13, or 14 R/T. I need to sell my car first though, because I need the money for a down payment. And forget about a trade in, these dealers(stealers) are major low ballers. I'm pretty antsy to sell, especially considering some of the deals the dealers are offering right now. Anyways, how long did it take to sell your charger? If you have advice I'll gladly take it. Here is a link to my add on CL.

http://portland.craigslist.org/wsc/cto/4635778281.html

Thanks!

·
Registered
562 Posts
Looks like a straightforward ad and a pretty clean car.
It might take a while to sell it due to a lack of demand. Lots of people want cheap-to-run Japanese economy cars, not thirsty 6-cylinder American cars in this economy. (Not me though, I just got a '14 Charger lol)

Where are you getting your asking price from? Is that the KBB fair sale price? Remember that people will not pay a premium for the personal upgrades.

Hope that helps a bit!
Best of luck getting a speedy sale

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks like a straightforward ad and a pretty clean car.
It might take a while to sell it due to a lack of demand. Lots of people want cheap-to-run Japanese economy cars, not thirsty 6-cylinder American cars in this economy. (Not me though, I just got a '14 Charger lol)

Where are you getting your asking price from? Is that the KBB fair sale price? Remember that people will not pay a premium for the personal upgrades.

Hope that helps a bit!
Best of luck getting a speedy sale
Thanks for the reply man. Unfortunately people are looking to get the Japanese and foreign cars like you say. But I'm with you! To hell with that I want American Muscle:rocker:!

My asking price is based off of a friend of mine who is a dealer that put my car through the dealer book and said that he would sell at his dealership for anywhere from 12-14 because he can finance there. Since I can't finance, I figured I would ask on the low end and a little bit more. Kbb says that I'm right in the 11 or so range, but I figured I would ask a little more because of the wheels and stereo equipment.

Thanks for the help though! I'll need that luck you wished me lol

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
trade in ... maybe 45min
Thanks for the reply. Are you saying they would give me 4500 to trade in? I have gotten a couple of offers from the dealer for 7,000 for a trade in, which is ridiculous. If it comes down to it then I might just take it to an auction where I can probably get 11 for it, but I would really like to get more for a down payment on my next charger.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Thanks for the reply man. Unfortunately people are looking to get the Japanese and foreign cars like you say. But I'm with you! To hell with that I want American Muscle:rocker:!

My asking price is based off of a friend of mine who is a dealer that put my car through the dealer book and said that he would sell at his dealership for anywhere from 12-14 because he can finance there. Since I can't finance, I figured I would ask on the low end and a little bit more. Kbb says that I'm right in the 11 or so range, but I figured I would ask a little more because of the wheels and stereo equipment.

Thanks for the help though! I'll need that luck you wished me lol
http://tradein.autotrader.com/Landing/Default.aspx

You'll get an instant cash quote from them.

In terms of marketing the car: I personally can't stand the wheels you've got on there, and I'm rolling on factory chrome 20s. Those are a major-turn off for me, personally. On the other hand, I do really like the audio system, it's a cool selling point. You wouldn't happen to have the stock wheels, would you? You could throw those in to sweeten the deal.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Thanks for the reply. Are you saying they would give me 4500 to trade in? I have gotten a couple of offers from the dealer for 7,000 for a trade in, which is ridiculous. If it comes down to it then I might just take it to an auction where I can probably get 11 for it, but I would really like to get more for a down payment on my next charger.
He said you'd sell the car in 45 mins by doing a trade in.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
He said you'd sell the car in 45 mins by doing a trade in.
Yeah he's right. Actually I'd sell it as soon as I got to the dealer, but unfortunately I can't afford to do that. Thanks for clarification.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I am in the same camp as CaliforniaCharger. The aftermarket wheels would keep me from considering it. The sound system mod would too.

I think that you'd move it quicker with the original wheels on it, not just included.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am in the same camp as CaliforniaCharger. The aftermarket wheels would keep me from considering it. The sound system mod would too.

I think that you'd move it quicker with the original wheels on it, not just included.
I see what you mean, and you are correct, but I guess I'm thinking that if they're buying a 2.7l they're buying more for Lois and appeal than they are for speed. But you guys make a great point. Do you think I should put originals back on? Sell wheels separately?

·
Registered
562 Posts
I see what you mean, and you are correct, but I guess I'm thinking that if they're buying a 2.7l they're buying more for Lois and appeal than they are for speed. But you guys make a great point. Do you think I should put originals back on? Sell wheels separately?
Put the original ones on and bundle the 22s at extra cost

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
36 Posts
Sold my 2006 Charger R/T in just under 24 hours on Craig's Lst. Asked the guy (1st person who contacted me) why he chose my car vs the other 2006's with less mileage than mine - it was the only blue one.

Dealership offered me $3k as a trade in. I laughed all the way out the door.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sold my 2006 Charger R/T in just under 24 hours on Craig's Lst. Asked the guy (1st person who contacted me) why he chose my car vs the other 2006's with less mileage than mine - it was the only blue one.

Dealership offered me $3k as a trade in. I laughed all the way out the door.
Dang just luck of the draw. Was it priced fairly? Man I'm hopeful that I will get something like that. Yeah the dealers have offered me 6k and 7k..... no thanks. Thanks for your reply

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Cool man thanks for the advice. I'll let it run through the weekend, and if I don't get any action on it I may do that

·
Registered
36 Posts
Dang just luck of the draw. Was it priced fairly? Man I'm hopeful that I will get something like that. Yeah the dealers have offered me 6k and 7k..... no thanks. Thanks for your reply
Asked $8k, got $7k. Not bad for a fully loaded '06 R/T with 129K miles that had a cracked windshield, door dings (parking garages are the devil) and a few rogue WalMart shopping cart incidents.

Good luck!

·
Registered
126 Posts
That is what I would do.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Asked $8k, got $7k. Not bad for a fully loaded '06 R/T with 129K miles that had a cracked windshield, door dings (parking garages are the devil) and a few rogue WalMart shopping cart incidents.

Good luck!
Dang man, yeah that is pretty damn good. I'm hoping to get like 11 for mine. A buddy of mine that owns a dealership and told me I could bring it there and sell it said he would sell it for 12. He does commission but he said he would only take like a couple hundred from the sale so I'm thinking about doing that. I just bought a new charger and have 45 days til the first payment so I'm hoping to sell before then.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
That is what I would do.
What if I left the 22s on and just tell people that the orignals come with it at no extra charge?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts