Charger Forums banner

61 - 68 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Surprisingly one thing I can say is they used a good battery for my 2010 sxt awd. 10 Canadian winters without using the block heater and I still have the original in there, it doesn't hesitate at all.

I keep telling myself to replace it but at this point I'm in love with that battery and I'll hang on to it until it leaves me stuck somewhere.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Another day, another moment to reflect on how much I appreciate driving my Charger. Through each scheduled maintenance, our beloved Chargers are maintained to last based on how well we take care of them. From the first gen Charger to the latest model, we do what is necessary to keep our cars running smoothly. My question is: what is the average lifespan in terms of mileage for our Chargers?
I think it all depends on how well a person take care of a vehicle. I've had vehicles go 300,000 miles and last 20 years because I took care of them, and always kept up on maintenance. I know the Hemi was originally built for 300,000 miles. Now you have to realize you are never going to have a car that doesn't have something that will need fixed or replaced. My Grandfather used to say "You're car is your horse, you wouldn't beat on your horse, so don't beat on your car!" Words I have lived by all my life!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Another day, another moment to reflect on how much I appreciate driving my Charger. Through each scheduled maintenance, our beloved Chargers are maintained to last based on how well we take care of them. From the first gen Charger to the latest model, we do what is necessary to keep our cars running smoothly. My question is: what is the average lifespan in terms of mileage for our Chargers?
I know it's not a charger, but has the same motor as one. Anyways I have an 06 SRT8 Chrysler 300 (as seen in profile pic) that has 150k. Burns ZERO oil. Runs like a champ. I am curious to see how many miles I get out of my HC Charger. I've had it a touch over a month now and it's already got 7500 miles so I suppose time will tell.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I know it's not a charger, but has the same motor as one. Anyways I have an 06 SRT8 Chrysler 300 (as seen in profile pic) that has 150k. Burns ZERO oil. Runs like a champ. I am curious to see how many miles I get out of my HC Charger. I've had it a touch over a month now and it's already got 7500 miles so I suppose time will tell.
Take the body off you have a Charger.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Basically haha. I gave it to my 16yo daughter (now 17) because shes a good kid who gets good grades and stays out of trouble. She likes how it sounds. I went to high school from 91-96 where the 225hp Mustang was considered FAST. I can't imagine how much trouble I would have gotten into with an SRT8 powered car.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I recently sold my 06 R/T with about 250K on it.
Only reason I sold it was rust (hello from Canada), and lack of time to do anything about it. Other than that it was in good shape.

Got new R/T, first thing I did was rust proof, and looking at other options to prevent it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I bought my '07 Charger SXT 3.5 with 20k on it and now it has 323k on it. Just replaced the transmission lines and noticed it's leaking antifreeze from the timing cover area. It may be time for it's second water pump and timing belt. Still runs like a top. Original engine, trans, and rear.

JR

61 - 68 of 68 Posts