Charger Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
Just got my Charger srt-8 on monday. It has 150 miles on it now.
Haven't really nailed it too hard yet but i'm wondering when your cars really started hitting hard off the line and started showing that 425 hp?
I will baby for another 400 miles or so but then I'm dropping the hammer.
I bought this car to go FAST!!!

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
For the first 300 miles you should go easy for the engine to break in, after that you can start playing around. The car won't completely wake up until a couple thousand miles later.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I find that my car pretty quickly adjusted to the way i drive it and the heat of the day.

After 3 grand i thought she felt and sounded better. I had magnaflows put on so i thought the sound difference was pretty good.

After about 5 i really got into drivin her and she adapted to my whims. I chirp um now with no problems and im prone to put her sideways in a parking lot.:)

Im near 8 grand and i think the last 2 have been my funnest as ive gotten used to her and how she handles. It really fun on some winding roads as well as from a dig.

Have fun and be safe. Watch out for a guy they call Arfur around here. hes a modern day killjoy, but alright:monster:

·
Registered
939 Posts
... it gets absolutely AWESOME right about the time you chop off about 1000 lbs...

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bee 170, you just made my night!
4.18 0-60 is what I'm looking for!!!!
Your car looks great. there was only one bee in so cal this week
when i decided that srt-8 was what I wanted. They wouldn't deal so I got the red srt with every option. I can't wait until she's ready to run...

·
Registered
250 Posts
I've got about 3500 on mine and it's much better than it was when the mileage was in the hundreds. I really have to force myself to take it easy in empty parking lots!

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
4.18 is significantly lower than any other I've heard of (I ran a 4.44 stock and 4.40 with B&G Stage II, I've heard of another who got 4.30 stock). I have to wonder if that 4.18 run was downhill with 40*F air. If not that is a great time.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everyone. I drove car to work today and was the envy of many.
Still hotter than hell here so I'm taking it easy. 240 miles so far.... I LOVE THIS CAR!!!!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Congrats, but now you owe us pics!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts