Charger Forums banner

161 - 180 of 206 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Ok, so I was provided a paper in the beginning but it only had my order info on it and no Vin or anything like that. I'm guessing that's the POC you are referring to? It did say sold order and dodge confirmed my name is on the order. If it says sold order I should be locked in for the 4k off MSRP? Dodge just told me not go by how quickly other people are getting their cars because it depends on upgrades, which I guess it doesn't get much more upgraded than what I ordered.
I believe it’s locked in but you have to make a fuss about it or dealer most likely won’t honor it. Also ask around about other people who ordered what you did. I ordered a basic scat with no upgrades. I want to track this car so I’m not jnterested in all the goodies. Hopefully that means mine will go by fast? I definitely hope you get yours soon too. Ask your dealer for an updated POC every Monday. That’s what I did and I’d the dealer doesn’t oblige then you tell on them to dodge chat lol.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #162 ·
I believe it’s locked in but you have to make a fuss about it or dealer most likely won’t honor it. Also ask around about other people who ordered what you did. I ordered a basic scat with no upgrades. I want to track this car so I’m not jnterested in all the goodies. Hopefully that means mine will go by fast? I definitely hope you get yours soon too. Ask your dealer for an updated POC every Monday. That’s what I did and I’d the dealer doesn’t oblige then you tell on them to dodge chat lol.
I told on him a little bit ago lol. I haven't seen anybody else ordering a redeye in here. Maybe I should try the hellcat forum? I've seen the scats being built really quickly, so I have high hopes for you.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I told on him a little bit ago lol. I haven't seen anybody else ordering a redeye in here. Maybe I should try the hellcat forum? I've seen the scats being built really quickly, so I have high hopes for you.
I think I’ve seen a few, you should make your own discussion about hellcat redeye specifically. Hellcat forum I’m sure will have more for you too

·
Registered
59 Posts
I ordered a charger hellcat Redeye on 4/7. My last status change was 5/28 and dodge cares said that my car was pending scheduling and they were waiting on arrival of parts. They said they can not give any dates, but that the dealer might have may have additional information. My dealer contacts me every two weeks, so I should hear by the end of the weekend on if there is any additional information.

and yes it does seem like the hellcats are taking longer. The scatpacks seem to be the shortest wait.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #165 ·
I ordered a charger hellcat Redeye on 4/7. My last status change was 5/28 and dodge cares said that my car was pending scheduling and they were waiting on arrival of parts. They said they can not give any dates, but that the dealer might have may have additional information. My dealer contacts me every two weeks, so I should hear by the end of the weekend on if there is any additional information.

and yes it does seem like the hellcats are taking longer. The scatpacks seem to be the shortest wait.
Ouch. I shouldn't expect it any time soon huh?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Wondering if the "waiting on parts" is the Chip shortage....
If it does, it’s some chip that is specific to hellcats.

my guess is more of they build them in batches. I only say this because I ordered in April and didn’t have a vin until may. At that same time a bunch of people who ordered hellcats seemed to be getting VINs. Some also got build dates not too later. So who knows what the commonality actually is.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #168 ·
If it does, it’s some chip that is specific to hellcats.

my guess is more of they build them in batches. I only say this because I ordered in April and didn’t have a vin until may. At that same time a bunch of people who ordered hellcats seemed to be getting VINs. Some also got build dates not too later. So who knows what the commonality actually is.
I got my Vin 2 days after putting my order in, so that's really weird that it took you so long to get yours. I do however keep getting "we're gathering the parts" from dodge even though the dealer said d which means parts acquired right?

What color did you get? I attached my build.

Attachments

·
Registered
59 Posts
I got my Vin 2 days after putting my order in, so that's really weird that it took you so long to get yours. I do however keep getting "we're gathering the parts" from dodge even though the dealer said d which means parts acquired right?

What color did you get? I attached my build.
the last time I heard from the dealer I was in status ‘D’. Dodge cares said a week later that that parts were being ordered. They also said, they do not give status like Dealers do in terms of ‘D’.

my understanding of ‘D’ is that the car is expected to be built, but no assigned date. I don’t know what it means in terms of parts, other than I would expect that it means they think they will get the parts.

i ordered:
Charger Redeye
Granite
Sunroof
NAV
Carbon fiber interior
Red seatbelts
Upgraded seats

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #170 ·
the last time I heard from the dealer I was in status ‘D’. Dodge cares said a week later that that parts were being ordered. They also said, they do not give status like Dealers do in terms of ‘D’.

my understanding of ‘D’ is that the car is expected to be built, but no assigned date. I don’t know what it means in terms of parts, other than I would expect that it means they think they will get the parts.

i ordered:
Charger Redeye
Granite
Sunroof
NAV
Carbon fiber interior
Red seatbelts
Upgraded seats
Very nice. I should have just gotten one last year, but I wanted something I didn't have to order so I got the hellcat (which I love, but the redeye was my dream car). I'm super stoked though and I know you are too. I just wish we didn't have to wait so long and so far it's shaping up to be a long wait. Btw, what did you upgrade your seats to? The Alcantara inserts?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Very nice. I should have just gotten one last year, but I wanted something I didn't have to order so I got the hellcat (which I love, but the redeye was my dream car). I'm super stoked though and I know you are too. I just wish we didn't have to wait so long and so far it's shaping up to be a long wait. Btw, what did you upgrade your seats to? The Alcantara inserts?
Yes. I have them in my scat pack, and I really like them. Very much looking forward to having the Redeye. First car I’ve ever ordered and first car to be exactly what I want.

·
Registered
8 Posts
For what it's worth: here in Indianapolis a longtime friend of mine ordered a 2021 Challenger R/T with the T/A package on March 5, 2021. This was her first-ever custom order. She took delivery of it on May 29. It's F8 Green, has the hood pins and sunroof, and looks absolutely bad-ass!

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Received my weekly update today. Here's how the process has played out for me so far:
  • Ordered SPWB on 5/11.
  • Received my VIN from the dealer on 5/25.
  • On 5/25 the car was in the scheduling phase and they were getting the parts together to build it.
  • On 5/31 was told they had all the parts and the next steps are frame, paint, trim, first round of inspections, additional equipment, final inspections, and then shipping.
  • On 6/7 was told they had all the materials needed to start the build process and the build process should begin "very shortly."

·
Registered
102 Posts
Received my weekly update today. Here's how the process has played out for me so far:
  • Ordered SPWB on 5/11.
  • Received my VIN from the dealer on 5/25.
  • On 5/25 the car was in the scheduling phase and they were getting the parts together to build it.
  • On 5/31 was told they had all the parts and the next steps are frame, paint, trim, first round of inspections, additional equipment, final inspections, and then shipping.
  • On 6/7 was told they had all the materials needed to start the build process and the build process should begin "very shortly."
Mine has been "build process should begin very shortly" for a couple of weeks now. As a few others have mentioned previously, I think the communication is not always 100% accurate or updated...

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #177 ·
I ordered 5/19. Just got update from dealer that it is loading onto train today and will be shipped ASAP.
I'm happy for you, but everybody getting their cars so quickly is making me sad 😥.

If I'm spending over 80k on a car I expect it to be given some sort of priority or at least moved from having parts orders before someone who ordered almost 3 weeks after me. At this point I think it HAS to have something to do with shortages on chips for the hellcats and redeyes.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm happy for you, but everybody getting their cars so quickly is making me sad 😥.

If I'm spending over 80k on a car I expect it to be given some sort of priority or at least moved from having parts orders before someone who ordered almost 3 weeks after me. At this point I think it HAS to have something to do with shortages on chips for the hellcats and redeyes.
You think they would prioritize high price vehicles. I wonder what profit margin is for those vs a scatpack and maybe how they see fit where to use the chips they do have?

·
Registered
102 Posts
You think they would prioritize high price vehicles. I wonder what profit margin is for those vs a scatpack and maybe how they see fit where to use the chips they do have?
I would think that the margins are higher on the Hellcat's, but I could be wrong. The cars are very similar to the other models, in terms of what you're getting extra as opposed to the price increase. I also believe that the Hellcat's are the lower production/sales car, so they may be one of the first to go on the back burner.

161 - 180 of 206 Posts