Charger Forums banner
1041 - 1060 of 1063 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
The posts you read about not getting VINs for months after the order went in are all regarding orders originating from Canada. US orders are most likely be fulfilled, although you will have to wait quite a bit. Assuming your order doesn’t get pushed back into 2022 model year production, i think you will be able to drive your car off the lot in December or early January.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Placed a '21 Scat Pack order on 9/15 and had my VIN on 9/16. I've been in D1 status waiting to go into production for 3 weeks (due to the shutdown) and hope mine goes into production this week or next. Dodge Customer Care confirmed all parts were there yesterday, so that's a good sign.

Based upon this, and my experience with my '21 Scat Pack Challenger I ordered earlier this summer, I'm guessing I should see the car sometime in mid to late November assuming there aren't anymore shutdowns. I'm not holding my breath on that though, so just need to be patient.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Placed a '21 Scat Pack order on 9/15 and had my VIN on 9/16. I've been in D1 status waiting to go into production for 3 weeks (due to the shutdown) and hope mine goes into production this week or next. Dodge Customer Care confirmed all parts were there yesterday, so that's a good sign.

Based upon this, and my experience with my '21 Scat Pack Challenger I ordered earlier this summer, I'm guessing I should see the car sometime in mid to late November assuming there aren't anymore shutdowns. I'm not holding my breath on that though, so just need to be patient.
I placed mine August 21st and am waiting as well. Got my vin first week of September and still in D1. Checking with customer care on Friday to give them a week of production since they have been shut down.

Neil

·
Registered
52 Posts
I’m in Canada and ordered beginning September and still nothing BUT my dealer said January delivery and dealers never lie…
Oh man if your in Canada who knows when you will get it....You guys have had nothing but bad luck up there when it comes to orders...

Neil

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hey fellow Canadians tomorrow i pick up 2021 SPWB CHARGER granite that came in today at my dealership basically the customer who ordered it back in December 2020 backed out so i snatched it right away and cancelled my June 24 2021 order 2021 charger scatpack f8 green
Nice! You must’ve been praying really hard, see it all worked out in the end

·
Registered
828 Posts
Been having so much fun with my ride this is the only spare time i have to snap a picture of it. Getting its first mod done tinted windows 🤣 View attachment 301245
What percent and supplier material are you going with?

I had the shop measure the factory tint and it was 65 front and 70 rear. Thinking of going with 50 Film preferably with ceramic to keep the heat out. Should keep it compliant.

Debating on doing the front, would like to but could cause inspection issues.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Hey any update from your budy on current chip/building progress
What percent and supplier material are you going with?

I had the shop measure the factory tint and it was 65 front and 70 rear. Thinking of going with 50 Film preferably with ceramic to keep the heat out. Should keep it compliant.

Debating on doing the front, would like to but could cause inspection issues.
I went with ceramic tints and i did 5% limo tints all the rear windows as for the front driver/passenger 20%

·
Registered
828 Posts
I went with ceramic tints and i did 5% limo tints all the rear windows as for the front driver/passenger 20%
The 20film would put you at effective 14%. Inspection guy says he only passes 30 and above, limit is 35. I’d have to use 50 film to keep it 30-35. Still debating if it’s worth it

·
Registered
112 Posts
The 20film would put you at effective 14%. Inspection guy says he only passes 30 and above, limit is 35. I’d have to use 50 film to keep it 30-35. Still debating if it’s worth it
All my vehicles ive gone with the same tint percentage no problems here

·
Registered
8 Posts
Well, my car was built on 10/15 (4 weeks from order placement on 9/15). Pretty damn fast considering the plant was closed for 3 of those weeks.

Now to see if it will be here by the end of the month. My Challenger took exactly 2 weeks to arrive, so am hoping for the same with the Charger.

1041 - 1060 of 1063 Posts