Charger Forums banner
881 - 900 of 956 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Yeah forgot to mention that 3-4 weeks out of the last 10 weeks since I placed my order (7.7.21) were wasted due to plant shutdown. Fingers crossed for you Neil!
Yeah hopeful, but just hoping to get it before the snow flies! Would at least like to drive it home in decent weather lol. Yeah I am assuming everything pretty much shuts down when the plants do. Hence why the dealer didn't get the info till today either. I figured and read VIN turn around times are pretty quick? Almost a month for my VIN to come in. Who knows at least I have the actual number of the car now.....

What options did you get again Painful? I know "sometimes" this plays a big role too.

Neil

·
Registered
66 Posts
Yeah hopeful, but just hoping to get it before the snow flies! Would at least like to drive it home in decent weather lol. Yeah I am assuming everything pretty much shuts down when the plants do. Hence why the dealer didn't get the info till today either. I figured and read VIN turn around times are pretty quick? Almost a month for my VIN to come in. Who knows at least I have the actual number of the car now.....

What options did you get again Painful? I know "sometimes" this plays a big role too.

Neil
Yeah.
I got Scatpack regular body with plus group, driver’s convenience group, tech package, dynamics package. Not fully loaded, but some stuffs added on there haha. No exterior add-ons tho.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Yeah.
I got Scatpack regular body with plus group, driver’s convenience group, tech package, dynamics package. Not fully loaded, but some stuffs added on there haha. No exterior add-ons tho.
Dynamics is def worth it if you are not going Widebody. Thinking of doing any autox? Haha I have threw the idea around.....

Neil

·
Registered
91 Posts
Local Canadian just messaged me and told me his order date December 4th 2020 just got rolled over to the 2022!!! What BS!!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Local Canadian just messaged me and told me his order date December 4th 2020 just got rolled over to the 2022!!! What BS!!!
WOW that is pretty nuts. Could they give him a reason? Do you have special regs in Canada for safety or need specific parts that are different than U.S. spec?

Neil

·
Registered
91 Posts
WOW that is pretty nuts. Could they give him a reason? Do you have special regs in Canada for safety or need specific parts that are different than U.S. spec?

Neil
No reason was provided and im not sure about the regulations between CANADA & US

·
Registered
66 Posts
Dynamics is def worth it if you are not going Widebody. Thinking of doing any autox? Haha I have threw the idea around.....

Neil
Not really planning on doing any hardcore stuffs with it other than just occasional pulls but i just can’t stand the skinny wheels that they put on stock scats. I heard even widebodies spin from time to time so we’ll see what that dynamics pkg can do lol

·
Registered
66 Posts
That is ridiculous…
I’m just thinking the only sensible explanation to that would be difference in profit margins between sales from the US and those from Canada, given the bottleneck created by the shortage of chips. Otherwise, it is utterly a nonsense…

·
Registered
52 Posts
Not really planning on doing any hardcore stuffs with it other than just occasional pulls but i just can’t stand the skinny wheels that they put on stock scats. I heard even widebodies spin from time to time so we’ll see what that dynamics pkg can do lol
Can confirm. I have the standard tires on my Widebody and even with the extra tire, it's still pretty easy to spin them. Once I wear the tires out, I will definitely be upgrading to stickier rubber.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Well I know my 5.7 barks them at about 25 to 30 mph in second, so a scat should have absolutely no problem and that is in a straight line. That is why I ordered the widebody because I love curves and want to put the power down. Car can't come soon enough lol.

Neil

·
Registered
20 Posts

Neil
This is exactly what I was thinking, if you look on the build sheet it does specify US regulations so maybe they have to make some changes for the Canadian cars.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey gang...new to the forums and learning my way around. Placed an order for a 21 SPWB with sunroof, plus group and driver convenience group on 8/27. Just received word its in D1 status as of today. About how long is it taking orders to arrive once in D1?

Thanks!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Hey gang...new to the forums and learning my way around. Placed an order for a 21 SPWB with sunroof, plus group and driver convenience group on 8/27. Just received word its in D1 status as of today. About how long is it taking orders to arrive once in D1?

Thanks!
Congrats buddy!! Oh great another US order!!

·
Registered
71 Posts

Thanks!
If it went like mine you will sit in D1 status for a Month before build begins.
I would expect at minimum 2 months but probably longer

·
Registered
66 Posts
If it went like mine you will sit in D1 status for a Month before build begins.
I would expect at minimum 2 months but probably longer
I can vouch for this… My order also sat in D1 for a little over a month. I placed my order on 7/7 and it’s looking like it would be around 12+ weeks to take delivery. For US orders at least…

·
Registered
174 Posts

Thanks!
If you are in D1, your dealer should have an estimated ship date (though it seems more like an estimated build date).

I was in D1 for 9 days. Though I was also in D state for about 5 weeks. My build was completed right at the estimated ship date. And I shipped about a week later.

881 - 900 of 956 Posts