Charger Forums banner

181 - 200 of 206 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #182 ·
I would think that the margins are higher on the Hellcat's, but I could be wrong. The cars are very similar to the other models, in terms of what you're getting extra as opposed to the price increase. I also believe that the Hellcat's are the lower production/sales car, so they may be one of the first to go on the back burner.
There's gotta be a much higher profit margin. They're all essentially the same damn car slightly tweeked. But the other engine being harder to get would make sense.

I don't know how them going to the back burner would make sense to them 😡

Just build my damn car already dodge! 🤣

·
Registered
102 Posts
There's gotta be a much higher profit margin. They're all essentially the same damn car slightly tweeked. But the other engine being harder to get would make sense.

I don't know how them going to the back burner would make sense to them 😡

Just build my damn car already dodge! 🤣
Agreed..the price increase far exceeds the minimal differences. I'm kinda glad I had decided against ordering a HC now. My car is taking long enough LOL.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just called Dodge, they said it was “delivered” so I called my dealer. And they said it was shipped but not delivered. Should arrive by at latest 06/14. Was ordered 5/5. I would say that’s extremely impressive given the dealer thought it wouldn’t be done for like 3 months.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Just called Dodge, they said it was “delivered” so I called my dealer. And they said it was shipped but not delivered. Should arrive by at latest 06/14. Was ordered 5/5. I would say that’s extremely impressive given the dealer thought it wouldn’t be done for like 3 months.
Did you get a scat with no upgrades. That’s what I got and that’s why it went so fast

·
Registered
3 Posts
Mine has been "build process should begin very shortly" for a couple of weeks now. As a few others have mentioned previously, I think the communication is not always 100% accurate or updated...
Yeah I'm kind of expecting to be told this for a couple weeks as well.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I’ve heard that the 6.2 hemis are the issue. They are harder to get than the 5.7 and 6.4 naturally aspirated
I wonder if it’s because of the Durango hellcats. I know at one point Dodge was limiting the production to 2k, but they announced a bit ago that they were going to build more. Maybe they are going there because my guess would be that Durango’s have even better margins.

and I’m still in ‘D’ status after the update from my dealer. She thinks it will likely be end of July, but that is a guess on her part which would put the wait at just shy of 4 months

·
Registered
2013 RT Plus AWD
176 Posts
Got an update today on my order from 5/26. I have a VIN, currently in D1 with an estimated ship date of 7/1.
Must be nice. I ordered my WB HC on 5-17, got the Vin quickly, but still no D1, no build/ ship dates, nada. Happy for you, though!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Must be nice. I ordered my WB HC on 5-17, got the Vin quickly, but still no D1, no build/ ship dates, nada. Happy for you, though!
I wonder if there is something about the Charger hellcats. For awhile it seemed that scatpacks where the fast moving builds. Now it seems that a bunch of people with challenger hellcats are getting updates for build dates in june / july. But I I’ve heard of a number of chargers HCs that are still in d status since as early as April

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #196 ·
I wonder if there is something about the Charger hellcats. For awhile it seemed that scatpacks where the fast moving builds. Now it seems that a bunch of people with challenger hellcats are getting updates for build dates in june / july. But I I’ve heard of a number of chargers HCs that are still in d status since as early as April
The scats are moving so quickly 🙄

·
Registered
17 Posts
Now that my order is at the shipping stage I wanted to share the timeline.
SPWB with stripe
Ordered 4/10
Dealer put order into system 4/12
D status ?
D1 4/26
Frame 5/28
Inspect not released 5/31
shipped 6/7
Dealer estimates receipt around 6/22.
If accurate that will be a total of about 10.5 weeks start to finish.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #198 ·
Now that my order is at the shipping stage I wanted to share the timeline.
SPWB with stripe
Ordered 4/10
Dealer put order into system 4/12
D status ?
D1 4/26
Frame 5/28
Inspect not released 5/31
shipped 6/7
Dealer estimates receipt around 6/22.
If accurate that will be a total of about 10.5 weeks start to finish.
That's not too bad. Congrats on your new car 🥳

·
Registered
102 Posts
I just received an update on mine as well. It does seem that the Dodge chat is not always "real-time" as far as the progress. Monday afternoon it was advised that all my parts are ready and that the car should go into the build soon (they said that for a couple of weeks. This morning I chatted and it was advised that the car is built, pending inspections. I would think the it should be shipping out within the next 1.5-2 weeks from now.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Okay my friends, sorry about the hellcat people. But my order is in and at the dealers hands. Official wait is 05/05 order date on WB SP with all options minus decals. (In case you’re curious if options take longer). And arrived at dealership on 06/08!
A42B23B7-53C4-40FA-8D07-508F09F18BF6.jpeg
9DA4BB17-8BC8-468D-9B78-EFE9372DD1E8.jpeg

181 - 200 of 206 Posts