Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 627 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I ordered my redeye last week and was told 6 to 8 weeks until I get it. I have however seen so many people that have waited 4-6 months since covid started and figure the dealer is full of it. Has anybody ordered this year? And how quickly did you get it?

·
Registered
2020 Scat Pack Plus Pitch Black
1,167 Posts
It's up in the air and your dealer should have told you that. If you go look at car lots , they are very bare. Production is very low right now.
ordering a car now if your willing to wait , then wait but if you can find what your after on the lots , I'd go that route.

I always order my cars before COVID. I got a 2020 Scat Pack last October and my salesman sent me window stickers and pics of each Challenger and Charger they got in until something came in close to my spec which I gave him.
I didn't want to wait forever to get my car or I would have absolutely ordered exactly what I wanted. I got real close.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's up in the air and your dealer should have told you that. If you go look at car lots , they are very bare. Production is very low right now.
ordering a car now if your willing to wait , then wait but if you can find what your after on the lots , I'd go that route.

I always order my cars before COVID. I got a 2020 Scat Pack last October and my salesman sent me window stickers and pics of each Challenger and Charger they got in until something came in close to my spec which I gave him.
I didn't want to wait forever to get my car or I would have absolutely ordered exactly what I wanted. I got real close.
I figured it would be a longer wait, though I was hoping it wouldn't be. The redeyes are hard to come by and I especially haven't seen one in Sinamon. If I'm spending that kind of money, it's gonna be everything I want. The wait is gonna suck, but I guess I don't have a choice 😕

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
6 to 8 sounds optimistic, I'd plan on more like 8 to 12 and hope for the best.

You still have to go the Upfitter regardless of options since it's a Redeye so that could be 2 to 3 extra weeks right there.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
6 to 8 sounds optimistic, I'd plan on more like 8 to 12 and hope for the best.

You still have to go the Upfitter regardless of options since it's a Redeye so that could be 2 to 3 extra weeks right there.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
I prefer my car dealers be realistic, but he probably would have said anything to keep me from walking.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Talking to a number of dealers in my area, most were estimating end of summer (I ordered middle of April). But they all said they couldn’t say for sure.

I have heard of some scatpacks ordered in late March and April are being delivered. But not really anything on hellcats.

·
Registered
375 Posts
I cant speak about a HC Redeye but I ordered my Scatpack on 4/12 and it is made and in transit Hope your order is made quickly.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Update: About 2 weeks in and the Vin has been issued, but no build date yet.
I ordered 4/17, and last friday 5/7 it was built and in KZ status. Still dont have an ETA to my dealer but from everything I have seen, it should be delivered by end of next week.

My dealer had an estimated ship date from the factory within a couple weeks and it was absolutely spot on to the built date. See if you can get that from your dealer, helped me manage my expectations.

Good luck!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I ordered 4/17, and last friday 5/7 it was built and in KZ status. Still dont have an ETA to my dealer but from everything I have seen, it should be delivered by end of next week.

My dealer had an estimated ship date from the factory within a couple weeks and it was absolutely spot on to the built date. See if you can get that from your dealer, helped me manage my expectations.

Good luck!
Hopefully mine is just a couple of weeks behind yours. 🙏

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hi,

I ordered my redeye last week and was told 6 to 8 weeks until I get it. I have however seen so many people that have waited 4-6 months since covid started and figure the dealer is full of it. Has anybody ordered this year? And how quickly did you get it?
I ordered my Scat Pack Widebody on 4/8 and dealer said it would ship 5/4. On 5/4, dealer sent me an email, saying the car wouldn't ship until 5/13. I'll see if it gets pushed out again come Thursday!

·
Registered
19 Posts
I ordered my Scat Pack Widebody on 4/8 and dealer said it would ship 5/4. On 5/4, dealer sent me an email, saying the car wouldn't ship until 5/13. I'll see if it gets pushed out again come Thursday!
I hopeyou get it soon. I ordered 4/10 and am still waiting for it to get started. Fingers crossed.

·
Registered
40 Posts

This gives me hope for shipping date. Considering Brampton was shut down until 4/19 I bet our cars got built very closely together. lets hope mine ships out tomorrow

They did update me yesterday saying the estimated dealer delivery will be 5/7-5/21. 3 week window to cover themselves lol praying it doesnt take that long to travel 150 miles from the factory to my dealer.

·
Registered
375 Posts
So my Scat Pack arrived at the dealer this morning 5/12. I ordered it on 4/12. Seems like orders are moving through the system pretty quickly. Wow. I ordered by Shaker 2 years ago and took longer than a month. Wow.

1 - 20 of 627 Posts