Charger Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I placed my order on Monday for the R/T with the road and track performance group. They said it will be about 8 weeks before I see it :sad: I'm sure it will be worth the wait, but is that a best case number they gave me? Should I expect it to be longer?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
153 Posts
For that option package, 8 weeks seems like a good estimate. I placed my R/T order without the R&T package (just sunroof & convenience 2 packages) on 5/31 and my dealer just emailed me to tell me he's expecting it next Wednesday 6/29. That makes it just about a month for a pretty simple order. R&T package was held up for awhile, so your order would probably take longer. A whole month longer? Who knows.. But don't hold your breath.

Believe me, I know it's hard to wait, these last 6 days are going to be hell!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
These last 2 days have been hell! lol One dealership told me 6-8 weeks, but the one I ordered it from said 8 weeks and not to expect it earlier than that. Mid to late August can't get here quick enough! Good luck with yours when it arrives! Enjoy!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
630 Posts
SEDave said:
These last 2 days have been hell! lol One dealership told me 6-8 weeks, but the one I ordered it from said 8 weeks and not to expect it earlier than that. Mid to late August can't get here quick enough! Good luck with yours when it arrives! Enjoy!
Welcome SEDave, I orderd a Daytona on 06/14 and was told 6 to 8 weeks. I think this is a "standard estimate" line they give to everyone who orders instead of buying whats in inventory. Two things you will want to know.

1) The Brampton Plant in Canada (where they make our babies) will be shutting down for two weeks beginning 07/03. Which means any order that is not completed and shipped out before then will have to wait until they all get back for things to begin moving again. So placing your order on 06/20 and expecting a mid-Aug delivery will be a "good" average time frame. My order has the Protection Package and we've learned that those orders are on hold. For how long we still cannot wrangle out of our sources. So my outlook is a little more bleak in that a mid-Aug delivery like yours would be wonderful and very surprising. I truely don't expect it to be any earlier than late-Aug or even into Sep.

2) You probably wonder how I know some of these interesting facts about the plant and such. If you know your VON# you should also get to know your order status code (BX is a good one, next step is D and your car will be ready for scheduling its build). Keep pestering your dealer until he can provide you the VIN#. DC Customer Service can inform you of your order status as long as it is still in B status, but once it goes into D they will not tell you much other than their "estimated build/ship date" which are notoriously wrong.

Once you get a VIN# you should join the Brampton Forum (or join now and learn a little more about the process of building cars) at http://bramptonassembly.com/board/index.php. It will take a $25 (CND) donation to get access to the VIN tracking forums. It is well worth it and a great way to entertain yourself (or cause heartaches) as you wait all these weeks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
63 Posts
Yeah, I heard the protection package is on back-order for a unknown period of time. I gather if it's unknown, it must be for a few weeks or longer. My dealer told me 8 weeks 4 weeks ago. I called DCX with the VON and they said its not even scheduled to be built. I called the dealer and they said its being built this week. :angry:
So I called other dealerships and will get one which is already on its way. No protection package too. 10 days they said. Best thing is they aslo offered a loaner for this time so if its late, I dont have to be inconvenienced too much. I think I'll get a 300 loaner. :grin:
Lesson learned? Not all dealerships will give you the same info on the same car. Not all dealerships get the chargers at the same time, so call the big dealerships in town, they get the chargers first.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
608 Posts
CO-Charger said:
Welcome SEDave, I orderd a Daytona on 06/14 and was told 6 to 8 weeks. I think this is a "standard estimate" line they give to everyone who orders instead of buying whats in inventory. Two things you will want to know.

1) The Brampton Plant in Canada (where they make our babies) will be shutting down for two weeks beginning 07/03. Which means any order that is not completed and shipped out before then will have to wait until they all get back for things to begin moving again. So placing your order on 06/20 and expecting a mid-Aug delivery will be a "good" average time frame. My order has the Protection Package and we've learned that those orders are on hold. For how long we still cannot wrangle out of our sources. So my outlook is a little more bleak in that a mid-Aug delivery like yours would be wonderful and very surprising. I truely don't expect it to be any earlier than late-Aug or even into Sep.

2) You probably wonder how I know some of these interesting facts about the plant and such. If you know your VON# you should also get to know your order status code (BX is a good one, next step is D and your car will be ready for scheduling its build). Keep pestering your dealer until he can provide you the VIN#. DC Customer Service can inform you of your order status as long as it is still in B status, but once it goes into D they will not tell you much other than their "estimated build/ship date" which are notoriously wrong.

Once you get a VIN# you should join the Brampton Forum (or join now and learn a little more about the process of building cars) at http://bramptonassembly.com/board/index.php. It will take a $25 (CND) donation to get access to the VIN tracking forums. It is well worth it and a great way to entertain yourself (or cause heartaches) as you wait all these weeks.
Ya, I joined thebrampron Forum, it is money well spent, also a lot of info there
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
231 Posts
why do they close for 2 weeks? I just order an R/T wiht the Road and Track fully loaded.... I'm guessing its going to 6-8 to see my car.

edward
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
608 Posts
AFcharger said:
why do they close for 2 weeks? I just order an R/T wiht the Road and Track fully loaded.... I'm guessing its going to 6-8 to see my car.

edward
Guess they like to have a vacation too :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,732 Posts
ok, as far as I am concerned.. Dodge's order time sucks... I ordered my Daytona Last Saturday and still have not taken delivery of it yet...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
630 Posts
camero said:
Guess they like to have a vacation too :)
That and my dealer told me today he and the fleet manager checked into the closing and learned that during the 2 week shutdown they do some re-tooling. Might be the time that management can tweek processes and fix slight problems with robotic programming and such. Hard to say, but those plant workers put a lot of pride in the work they do and they have earned their time off.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,078 Posts
CO-Charger said:
Hard to say, but those plant workers put a lot of pride in the work they do and they have earned their time off.
AMEN TO THAT! They did an AWESOME job on my Charger! :D

When I ordered my SXT on 4/29, I was told that I would have it no sooner than mid to late July. I drove it off the lot on 6/8. Needless to say, I was VERY happy that I didn't have to wait until the end of July.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
99 Posts
I wouldn't want my car built on the friday before shutdown. Those guys/girls will be more interested in spending some time with a case or two of brew than bolting those parts on correctly(who knows they may of already started by friday lunch). The Monday they come back may not be much better.
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top