Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sometimes I think I'm crazy.

I've passed on a very good deal on a new Silver R/T, R&T, nav, sunroff, EVIC, just because I would rather have a black or white car.

Is anybody or everybody here the same way?

·
Registered
430 Posts
Yup! I'm the same way!

I actually passed up a GREAT deal on a brand new house b/c I didn't like the brick color...so I'm holding out until I can afford exactly what I want.

I'm the same way with cars....I'm SO PICKY about colors!

Sometimes I think I'm crazy.

I've passed on a very good deal on a new Silver R/T, R&T, nav, sunroff, EVIC, just because I would rather have a black or white car.

Is anybody or everybody here the same way?

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
It must appeal to the eye before it can bring an itch to the pocket.

·
Registered
400 Posts
I was the same way, until I found my Silver SRT-8. I wanted Black real bad, but the deal on the silver SRT was TOO GOOD to pass up, so I bought it. The silvver really started to grow on me, but I still wanted black, so I had it painted and now I have both silver and black and I am VERY HAPPY!

·
Registered
10,177 Posts
If it wasn't black I wasn't buying

·
Premium Member
1,448 Posts
Yep, I waited 6 six weeks for my Inferno Red R/T to show up, rather than buy what they had on the lot. I figured if I'm going to shell out this much for a new car, I better damn well be getting what I want!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Color is the most important issue whenever I buy a car.
It just has to be black. No other color would even be considered.

HELIX

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
I like a lot of colors and I have turned down a good deal on a car because of the color.
I would never limit my choice to one color though. It seem that a lot of guys do that. The car has to be Black or the car has to be Red. My brother is a “has to be Red” guy.
I see no need to limit myself to one flavor. I like different colors on different cars. For instance, the first white color the LX’s were offered in was ugly (IMO), the new stone white is gorgeous.
I still got the color I liked best on the Charger, Midnight Blue.
To each his own.

To answer your question, I would say color is probably the second most important thing to me. Drive train is #1 in my book.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
When I buy a car I'll go in wanting it in usually 2-3 different colors. That way I'm not too limited, but the car has to be a color I want with the options I want. I definitely agree with maneval that different colors look great on different cars. My choice of colors gets worse when you can actually pick interior colors, in that case I have certain combinations I like or I won't go for it.

·
Premium Member
8,140 Posts
Yes I am the same way, when I heard the rumors that Plum Crazy would be a color on the daytona's over a year ago I passed on a great deal on a gomango, becuse I had to have Plum Crazy. I am really glad that rumor came true otherwise I would have missed out on getting a Daytona

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
That reminds me I just saw a PC SRT8 and HB Dodge here in Huntington Beach, and besdies Black that is one of the sexiest colors I've seen on an SRT8. I'm glad they left the grill blacked out on it, it really gives it a mean look.

·
Registered
8,806 Posts
I was looking for a Used SXT/AWD to save the $$, so I wasn't too picky on the color. There were 2 or 3 colors I really did NOT want, but several I could live with. The one I found happened to be TorRed, so that was a bonus for me!

If I was gonna order new... I would have gotten the dark blue one, because I wanted to paint it with the old Dodge "Midnight Metallic Blue" (if that's what they called it?). It was their deep blue from the '70's or so that looked black at night, then in full sun had almost purple highlights! I really liked that color! I figure the dark blue would have been the best "base color" for a planned repainting.

·
Premium Member
5,068 Posts
Color is very important, I almost bought a GOMANGO last year and painted it Sublime. That was before I heard of the 07 Daytona color schemes, glad I waited!!! I wanted this color VERY badly

·
Registered
263 Posts
I'm a price-first person. I'm cool with any color if the price and amenities are right. But, I also have patience and am willing to wait until I find the one I really want.

I won't, however, pass up a great deal on a color I don't want if it's in front of me.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
My wife picks the color -- I pick everything else.
(i.e., the color is most important :))

1 - 20 of 45 Posts