Charger Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been in the dealer 3 times now (2011 hemi passenger side ) they just cannot fix the leak ..think it's really that hard a job ? It leaks on the exhaust and stinks me out ..think it could be the head gasket ? the whole motor was apart at 7,000 mi ..cam ,lifters,rockers replaced ..then after that the coolant tank was full of oil ..they did a pressure test ( removed the oil pressure sending unit and forced air threw it to try to find the leak ),,they replaced the oil cooler ..had to go back 3 more times for coolant flushes and a new tank (like pulling teeth for the tank) now this crazy problem ..wonder if they blew something by forcing air into the system ..." 44 days in shop so far ,9100 miles ...think I better get "LEMON 1 plates for her ,,ugggggggg

·
Registered
938 Posts
That sounds like an exhaust manifold gasket and not a valve cover gasket. While they're not hard to change, it hardly sounds like it should be your responsibility. If it was the valve cover gasket you'd likely leak oil. If it was the head gasket you'd be using coolant and based on how much, you could see anywhere from slight to large amounts of white smoke during acceleration.

I'd go back until they get it right. If not, save your repair receipts and see if you can pursue a replacement under your state's lemon law. No one should have to go through that.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Perhaps the valve cover itself is damaged, cracked whatever allowing oil to leak onto the manifold? The gasket may also have partially fallen out of place when the tech was reinstalling the cover. Is there still oil in the coolant? Evidence of coolant in your oil? Either way, it's up to the dealer to resolve the situation. Keep trying and best of luck!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You were right ,,after 3 tries at a gasket ,,the cover was bad ,,think it stopped ,,and think the oil in the coolant stopped to ,,Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts