• 14.6 to 15.0

Votes: 21 9.2%
  • 15.1 or slower

Votes: 10 4.4%
1 - 20 of 125 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
Sorry guys, I don't buy "freaks". I attribute the myth of freaks to variations in drivers and timing systems and dynos. I fail to believe that modern manufacturing allows enough tolerance for freaks.

Given that, I see well driven (Hemi, of course) Chargers going around 13.8ish on average.

Now, how about a poll for the only Charger that matters, the SRT:) 13 flat gets my vote:) I also recommend a poll showing DCX support for "Stages" :)

·
Premium Member
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hrmm, I believe in factory freaks...

But, altitude, track prep, weather conditions make a huge difference as well.

Also, that one "perfect" launch etc.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Thanks for the great site.

I will moving some stuff over on Monday.

Let me drop some news on the up coming SRT version. It will do the 1/4 mile in the 12s.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm hoping that the Charger will run the 1/4 mile in anything under 14 flat. 13.9 would be awesome & then if Mopar came out with some performance parts for the 5.7 liter Hemi that would be great as well.

I mean, with all the 300C's, Magnums, & soon to be Chargers out on the road, you would think there would be some performance parts out there from Mopar. They have a ton of stuff for the SRT-4's (stages 1,2, & 3), so why not for the 5.7 liter Hemi's!?

By the way, the Metallic Black color for the Dodge Charger shown at the Detroit North American International Auto Show looked absolutely great.

- Mike - :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
If Chrysler gives the charger some decent gears, then it should have no problem getting in the 13s. The 300c runs 14.1 and it has shitty gears, weighs more, and looks less aerodynamic. If chrysler put in somethin like 3.55s than I'm thinking 13.7s, but chrysler probably wont, so it doesnt matter anyhow.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
from R/T summary...hemi 300 c... 0-60 5.6 sec. 1/4 mile 14.1 @ 101.1 the Charger is slightly lighter, so a 13.9 isn't out of the question...The rumor I've heard is that there won't be a srt-8 version untill next year due to average fuel economy standards...( the magnum is classified as a truck to avoid those standards) also the Daytona is said to have the 3.06 rear gear of the srt-8.....

·
Registered
2 Posts
The 300C does not run 14.1 stock.

14.2's - 14.4, but not faster, I would need to see slips.

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
(psst, hemi, that needs an "s" to work)

300cforums.com

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
The best I could get out of my stock Magnum RT is a 14.69 1/4 mile.
After driving my brothers Charger I can see another 2 tenth cut from the time because the trans shifts are crisper. You can also shift at different rpm levels (at WOT), which can't be done on the magnum. It is possible that shifting at 4800 instead of 5400 could save some time, then again it may hurt.
I would bet on 14.0-14.5
I do know some magnums have claimed 14.1 stock. This is a stretch for my imagination but it has been claimed.

If the dealer gets one I like this weekend, I will let you know next week.
________
Colorado Medical Marijuana Dispensary

·
Registered
352 Posts
the shipping weight on the chrysler 300c is 3980 and the shipping weight on the charger r/t is 3995 so they should run the same in 1/4 mile.

1 - 20 of 125 Posts