Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
first, you need to say how big the budget is. Speed is a direct coefficient of money.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Slideway on LXF went 11.82 on a stock 6.1.......pulled out some seats,Predator canned tune,catback and high flows and short drag radials.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Front seat is 75lbs.......rear seats on a Charger maybe 30lbs?the short Drag radials will increase gearing on an SRT to the equivalent of a 3.23 rear.That time was run on a day with -2000'Da but even still his car runs consistent mid 12's in that trim in summer air.

·
Registered
585 Posts
I good weather(meaning cool) and good DA a mildly modified SRT8 should run mid to high 12's all day. Mildly modified would include...Diablo Predator and 180tstat,CAI,high-flow cats and cat-back. Those mods should cost around $2000. On another note though...these times are based on getting a good launch.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I put on some lighter wheels, engine bay is stock.

0-60 in 4.28

haven't run any 1/4's yet.
Not trying to call you out, but I see these low 4s and say - you got to be kidding. Post your EVIC (display) to show this........make a believer out of me........

Bone stock and 4.28 seconds? Again, not trying to dig at you. But 4.28s is in a territory of some ferociously fast (and expensive) cars.........

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
If I had to do it all over again, I would get a 0 option group SRT. These 0 option cars weigh significantly less than the fully loaded ones. We are talking 500 lbs in some cases and thats immediate horsepower.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
my fastest 0-60 is. 4.38 predator, 180 stat,mopar cai there is a 4.58 on my evic now. That's from this fall.my Car put up now. I have no computer right now just I phone but I could take pic of that and e mail u I no it's not my 4.38 but it's winter now she don't come out till spring!

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
If I had to do it all over again, I would get a 0 option group SRT. These 0 option cars weigh significantly less than the fully loaded ones. We are talking 500 lbs in some cases and thats immediate horsepower.
I am not questioning you I am just curious what options weight up to that?

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I was just postin my best I am not the same guy who has a 4.28 ! I did how ever discover I have pics on my I phone of 4.40 n 4.44 wished I could post them but only have my phone!I've been wanting to show my car n 0-60 times! Hope all is having a great new year!

·
Registered
180 Posts
I did exactly that. A 0 option SRT is still a nicely loaded car, and I know there is at least 100-200 lbs in those options

·
Premium Member
1,196 Posts
I believe with the addition of the Side airbags, the power seats, the moon roof you are ending up with quite a bit there. I have every option and I weigh in at 4400 lbs.
That weight is minus the 50lbs I had taken off by switching to light weight forged 17inch rims in the back.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Not trying to call you out, but I see these low 4s and say - you got to be kidding. Post your EVIC (display) to show this........make a believer out of me........

Bone stock and 4.28 seconds? Again, not trying to dig at you. But 4.28s is in a territory of some ferociously fast (and expensive) cars.........
Dam, the day of this post my wife wrecked our Plum Srt. She hit a broken brake drum from a rig or a dump truck.

The shop is worried about the cross member, this piece of metal was like over 25 pounds that she hit head on at 65 mph. She said pieces of metal and fluids were all over the road with a great big hole in the front of the car

I should have photos of the damage this week. If the 0-60 time is still saved on the dash, then I will post it in this thread. If the car is wrecked for good, then we are gonna try and find another 2007 and put the same wheels on it and hope for a 4.28 again !!

Dam what a way to end the year....

We only had 15k on it.

·
Registered
600 Posts
I put on some lighter wheels, engine bay is stock.

0-60 in 4.28

haven't run any 1/4's yet.

If there is one argument that should be outlawed on chargerforums.com, this is it.

Guys, 0-60 times (and even uncorrected 1/4 mile times) DON'T MEAN SQUAT, unless they are corrected for Density Altitude. I don't doubt his 0-60 time one bit. I've done 4.29 in my yellow bee in the middle of winter when the temp was 15 degrees. I could have done better than that, but I was traction limited. When the temps are in the 90's, that very same car can't break six seconds to sixty.

Put simply: the higher the temperature, and the higher you are above sea level, the slower your car will run. The lower the temperature, and the closer to sea level you are, the faster your car will run.

Some mod really needs to make a "The Truth About 0-60 and 1/4 Times" thread explaining all this, and make it a sticky.

·
Registered
695 Posts
If there is one argument that should be outlawed on chargerforums.com, this is it.

Guys, 0-60 times (and even uncorrected 1/4 mile times) DON'T MEAN SQUAT, unless they are corrected for Density Altitude. I don't doubt his 0-60 time one bit. I've done 4.29 in my yellow bee in the middle of winter when the temp was 15 degrees. I could have done better than that, but I was traction limited. When the temps are in the 90's, that very same car can't break six seconds to sixty.

Put simply: the higher the temperature, and the higher you are above sea level, the slower your car will run. The lower the temperature, and the closer to sea level you are, the faster your car will run.

Some mod really needs to make a "The Truth About 0-60 and 1/4 Times" thread explaining all this, and make it a sticky.
I take it you are exaggerating with this.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.