Charger Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you enlarge the center bore (pilot hole) to the correct LX car dimension without taking it to a machine shop? Is there a way to do this in your one car garage? I want to run my '03 Cobra 17x9 wheels, but from my understanding, the center bore needs to be honed out by 1-2mm.

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
4,848 Posts
im guessing you want to do this for drag radials? i dont think theyre forged wheels right? that should make it more difficult.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Why would you want to put cobra rims on charger in the first place? Is it a cheap mod cause you already have them? Or are you doing this for performance reasons?

·
Registered
4,848 Posts
its got to be for drag radials he already has. there would be no other reason to run 17s.

·
Registered
211 Posts
How do you enlarge the center bore (pilot hole) to the correct LX car dimension without taking it to a machine shop? Is there a way to do this in your one car garage? I want to run my '03 Cobra 17x9 wheels, but from my understanding, the center bore needs to be honed out by 1-2mm.

Thanks for any help.
I got some from Ron aka 1bad4dr,and he said its a mother.He went through 5 or 6 bits doing my set alone.The rims are very tough to hone,but patience and persistence can get it done.The rims are for drag rads. im sure i did the same aswell.

·
Registered
226 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts