Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I removed the bolts, disconnected the harness plug, and she wont move. I've tried pushing on the light itself from outside the trunk and it wont budge. I pushed so hard I was afraid of breaking the light. Is there something Im missing? Thanks!

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
There is a mounting tape around the edge of the light attaching it to the trunk. You have to push the light HARD to get it to budge. I took an exacto knife to mine around the edges wondering what had gunked it off. I finally resorted to brute force to get it to budge.

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
x2 theres tape holding it in there...give her a good budge and she should go, only two bolts should be there holding it down

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok it feels like its going to break though... so if it breaks is anyone going to buy me a new one? LOL

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OK I tired again, and my skirt blew up into my face, it wont come out and im being a puss about it breaking hahahaa. I will go have a couple of shots of Patron and give it a go again. :D BRB

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
605 Posts
There are four clips made into the the actual red part of the light. You have to push out away from the middle of the light on each side.
The red lens will stay in the trunk lid. The inner plastic guts with the LED bulbs is what comes out.
________
maryjane

·
Registered
605 Posts
Pm me if you have any problem. I took mine out and added a scanner third brake light. I took the led strip out of the 3rd brake light and added a new strip with LEDs.
________
volcano vaporizer

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ok but now do I remove the red lense from the trunk? I want to spray tint it cuz with my tails being tinted it stands out so much. Thanks for the pic though I see what your saying.

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
Give it all she's got Kiptin! Warp speed on pushin that dog! Its double sided tape holding the lense in place. TRUST me. I had to remove mine for my trunk blackout. Had to cut the hole in the trunk blackout and fold thematerial into the third light hole, and then reinstall the light assembly. It will work. Stop bein a girlie girl. hehehe

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I tired pushing those clips out away from the middle like Daytona said and I cant get my fingers up there in there, you got tiny hands or what? I dont have a tool that I can reach up there with either to try and wiggle it out... im just screwed I think haha.

·
Premium Member
1,942 Posts
I tired pushing those clips out away from the middle like Daytona said and I cant get my fingers up there in there, you got tiny hands or what? I dont have a tool that I can reach up there with either to try and wiggle it out... im just screwed I think haha.
It always blows my mind when people say they can't get the stupid thing out . . . it's such a common problem to find them hanging inside the trunk, you'd think it would be easy.. If you've got the screws out, just push that sucker real hard. What breaks is the bracket that holds the screws . . . so if those are out, I don't think there is anything to hurt.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts