Charger Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you have the radio with navigation in it, could you share your thoughts on how you like it. Do you find it easy to set-up and use? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
608 Posts
I've never owned any other Nav units, so I can't compare, but I sure do like it. It's easy to navigate the system. It has progressive processing when entering a street name, so that makes things quicker. I guess maybe I wish the screen was slightly larger, but no compaints really.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
no complaints here either.... but I have only had the car for a week and I have not played around with the NAV too much yet....

I look at it as an expesive toy... but seeing as how I have never had Nav before... I am glad I bought it... :D

·
Registered
22 Posts
I also bought the nav as an expensive toy, but have used it quite a bit -- The first time was on the way home from the dealership. We had just moved into the area, and there was a power line down on one of the main roads, and the road was blocked. We used the "exclude" feature of the nav to tell us how to get home while excluding that road.

At first I wished the nav had a touch screen, but my wife reminded me how picky I am about people touching my computer screens, so we decided it was for the best that the nav didn't have one. I still keep a cloth in the center console so I can wipe dust off the screen, though.

The built-in nav system on the Acura TL I test drove had quite a few more features (including touch screen and voice commands), but for me, the system in the Charger is plenty good enough.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I use mine occasionally and it works well, although its my first car with Nav. I think the whole package is nice, Sirius is great, and the MP3 player is very cool.
The setup is easy, once you start rollling though, your selections of what you can do with the Nav is limited, as a safety feature. Guess they dont want you pushing buttons too much.
I think I remember someone posting a website of the people that make the unit, if I remember right it had good info on it.

·
Premium Member
7,632 Posts
I haven't had a whole lot of time to play with the new NAV unit but here are some things I've noticed compared to the one in my (traded-in) 2001 Acura TL:
- it would have been nice to have a touch-screen. The combination of twisting the little knob or cursoring around and pressing enter makes entry slower.
- unit doesn't allow you to enter a destination while the car is moving. I think this is becoming a more common feature but it sucks.
- routing is pretty quick, and re-routing (if you make a wrong turn) is quick, too.
- the system is very customizable, letting you choose whether to use tones, voice, or both. According to the manual, it also lets you choose whether to use turn-by-turn on the screen, just the next turn, map, or some other choices. Haven't looked at this yet.
- if you have the electronics convenience group (EVIC) the dashboard display can also tell you your next turn. Kind of neat, unless you leave the EVIC display in MPG mode :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts