Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys Im new to your forums and want to ask how the car is with all of you.....I need a 4 door car that i can drive every day ...My other car is a new 2008 Zo6 and I love it to death but winter is comming and I dont want the Zo6 as an every day car anyway....

So is the SRT8 quick off the line ? I have seen where you can't really turn off the TCS...I have also read where the car seems very heavy ect all the normal BS stuff you find on reviews from people....

I think the car looks great and im going to get my first drive in one on Sat.. I really like the look inside and out....

So chim in help me out tell me real times 0 to 60 1/4 mile How many miles to gallon ect...Thx again.... Anthony..........:)

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Asab,

Welcome to the forum. Well from a '08 Z06 perspective a Charger SRT8 may feel a little sluggish.

I love mine though and my wife and I drive it every day. With a few mods (not even a catback) I've had a best 0-60 of 4.4 seconds and a best 1/4 mile of [email protected] Mileage with a lead foot has been about 15 mpg.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
WOW thats very nice numbers for a 4 door car .Seems like I can't go wrong for the price of the car !!..Thank you for letting me know I hope others do as well...The Zo6 is a beast but NOT an every day driver and the seats still stink lol....Thx again you guys have a nice forum here....Anthony........:grin:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Anthony -

First of all, welcome! :) For the money, the car is great. The interior is simple, but nice and unique, and the exterior just screams at you with it's good looks, big shoes, and angry front end. I think you'll really enjoy the car if you get it. I'm all stock (not even a CAI), and I managed to pull out a 4.08 0-60 time (I could only reproduce that time once, other than that I usually run a 5.06-5.08.) Still, for a stock car, that's not bad.

Any questions, feel free to ask! :)

Brandon

-Oh yeah, here is a quick snap of my 4.08.

·
Registered
193 Posts
You will not regret buying this car at all......to have a practical muscle car to drive every day cant be beat.....if you go sat to drive it, just bring your checkbook because youll be hooked right then and there, and may just drive her home!!!

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
For the money it doesn't get better. This car looks badass and is fast as well. It also sports the best seats I've ever sat in. On top of that, it's capable of handling my runs to BJ's with room to spare and I can also pack up both my kids, their double stroller and everything we/they need for day trips to the beach, zoo or whatever. This car continues to impress me more and more the longer I own it.
I didn't consider gas mileage to be a concern when I bought it even though I drive about 30 miles each way to work. If I try I can average about 21 mpg on the highway doing 75-80 consistently. It's obviously worse during city driving.
-J

·
Registered
44 Posts
I had mine for over a year and am still pretty pleased with it. It is roomy enough for the 3 kids and lots of trunk space. Straights the pickup is good, but it is a heavy 4-door sedan, which you can really feel when taking a corners.

I have a Mopar CAI, Flowmaster 40' (also removed the stock resonators) and currently getting about 18mpg on the freeway. The stock pads are grippy, but they do put out a lot of brake dust (which is really irritating), so I replaced my stock pads with the Posi-Quiets.

Btw, I was commuting with it daily...

·
Registered
575 Posts
It's my daily driver. About 14 mpg pure city driving. I average 21-22 on the highway cruising at the speed limits. Where I live I don't have a lot of snow or ice in winter so winter driving is not too much of a problem. For you, however, it depends. How much snow do you get where you live - that should be a concern obviously. The car is low to the ground, so you will have to be careful parking it and going up/down steep slopes and driveways.

It sure is one of the nicest looking (in/out) 4 door cars I have ever seen and is actually the main reason I bought it. More than the performance even.

It does have pretty good performance as you are already reading about. Of course no where near that Z06 but seems to me that the SRT8 just might make a nice companion car to it. And you will be amazed at how practical this car is for everyday driving.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I traded in a Mercedes CLS for this. You get performance, some interior luxury, space, and exclusivity all for $45k fully loaded. What more could you aks for?

Oh, and be sure to get the fastest color...it adds at least 10 rwhp, lol.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I got mine back in April 07. Main reason I bought it was two fold. First I truly love performance cars of all kinds mostly domestic muscle. Secondly I have family with two little monsters. The SRT covered both realities. I sold my beloved LS2 GTO coupe for this car :(

I'm not sure what your criteria is for wanting a car like this other than a winter beater but I can attest that the car is great overall in comfort, practicality, performance and styling...if ya get one fully optioned! Don't know if the SRT is consider a winter weather type vehicle cause it's large and bulky compared to your Z06 <-- (which I envy you btw) but probably more suited than the Z. This car will impress you! If you sign up for the SRT track experience you'll see for yourself if you're still on the fence on getting one.

Once the aftermarket gets a firm hold and extract the performance aspect of these cars you'll have one quick sudo luxury sedan!

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
I've only had mine for 9 days but i am really enjoying it.
Just happened to have a 7 shift in a row spell where i comuted 80 miles round trip each day right after I bought it. It was a pleasure to drive every day. now thats its almost broken in I turned a 4.96 0-60.
Can't go wrong for the money... $45k for every option posible even DVD in back seat. BTW the Zo6 is very nice I was looking at it this week, great weekend car but SRT is the better comuter.

·
Registered
329 Posts
My Bee is a daily driver. I haul two-year-old twins to and from day care in it every day. I love it, the kids love it, and the wife feels safer in it than the SRT-4 I traded in on it.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Mine is a daily driver and I look forward to driving her everyday. It is very very hard to keep it from getting away from you though as I found out on sunday morning at about 112 mph. Then a Highway Patrol pee'd in my cereal and ruined my morning. Funny part is since I debadged her he wrote it as a "Dodge SRT8" since those are the only badges I left. The only regret I have is I had a chance to get the SuperBee and I hesitated. Huge Brembo brakes, Badass Suspension, Really good looking 20 inch rims, Seats that hold you for a killer ride,425 reasons under the hood to trash talk at stop lights........Correct me if I'm wrong but I dont think you can find a car with all that for under 45k!

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Hi guys Im new to your forums and want to ask how the car is with all of you.....I need a 4 door car that i can drive every day ...My other car is a new 2008 Zo6 and I love it to death but winter is comming and I dont want the Zo6 as an every day car anyway....

So is the SRT8 quick off the line ? I have seen where you can't really turn off the TCS...I have also read where the car seems very heavy ect all the normal BS stuff you find on reviews from people....
I think the car looks great and im going to get my first drive in one on Sat.. I really like the look inside and out....
So chim in help me out tell me real times 0 to 60 1/4 mile How many miles to gallon ect...Thx again.... Anthony..........:)
Love the SRT8. Considering cars like the acura TL and G35 are going for about $3k less (comparably equipped) than I got the Charger for, it is a no-brainer if you are into performance. Good luck.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thank you again for all the info ...I will go Saterday and see what happens ...I am looking forward to it very much ...Think I will drive the Z to the dealer then feel a real seat in the SRT8 lol....Asab........:lol:

·
Registered
332 Posts
Thought I loved it. Until I noticed today that the drivers seat has a hole in it. Actually it's more like a rip. It's obvious that it's from me sliding in to the seat but.....holy crap. I've only had it since May. I had my RT for over a year and my seats were perfect. What the hell kind of leather is it any way? No fat azz jokes please.

·
Registered
127 Posts
anyone actually drive a srt8 in snow??? Im getting nervous w/ winter around the bend

·
Registered
575 Posts
anyone actually drive a srt8 in snow??? Im getting nervous w/ winter around the bend
We actually did have some snow and ice here in SW Okla last winter and I drove my SRT in it, and I have the F1s. The main issue I had was being careful about turning off of plowed roads onto either unplowed or not-so-plowed roads. The car's front end is so low, I (at a very low speed) came into contact with snow that was plowed off of the main road as I was turning into where I go to work (very dark so I didn't see it right away). No damage done, but I had to go another way! Things like that you will figure out due to how low to the ground we are :)

1 - 20 of 38 Posts