Charger Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OKAY SO I PULLED THIS RIVET OUT OF MY BACK RIGHT WHEEL WELL LINER. MY ? HOW DO I GET IT BACK IN? I WAS GOING TO REPAIR MY REAR GAP BETWEEN THE BUMPER COVER AND THE 1/4 PANEL BUT ONCE I SEEN THAT ALL THE RIVETS WERE THE SAME I DECIDED TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO PUT IT BACK IN BEFORE I TAKE THEM ALL OUT THEY WERE EASY TO GET OUT.IS THERE SOME KIND OF SPECIAL TOOL USED??OR WHAT CAN I USED TO PUT THE BACK IN? IT SEEMS YOU CANT JUST PUT THE RIVET BACK IN THE HOLE BECAUSE IN ORDER TO LOCK THE RIVET YOU HAVE TO BE PUSHING ON THE BACK OF IT....AND NOT EASY TO GET YOUR HANDS IN THERE THE PUT PRESSURE ON BACK THE TO LOCK IT ??????

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
good question. i've never taken any of them out or put any in so i wouldnt know... but i'll give u a bump!

·
Registered
260 Posts
I just turned the wheel all the way to get more room and squeezed in back in with my hands. I'm sure its the hard way but it worked. I've seen some people talking about a rivet gun that may be an option.

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
How Do I

I just turned the wheel all the way to get more room and squeezed in back in with my hands. I'm sure its the hard way but it worked. I've seen some people talking about a rivet gun that may be an option.
IM SURE THAT WILL WORK FOR THE FRONT. BUT THIS IS THE BACK RIGHT WHEEL WELL????THANKS 4 THE INPUT:cool:

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
They sell plastic rivets in packs at Auto Zone. I would get some that have a phillips head for ease of re-use and just replace them. They push in and then screw them out to loosen them and they just pull out.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Those are special plastic rivets which require a plastic rivet gun to install. They are one time use and cannot be reused. My plastic rivet gun cost me $75............but it's top of the line. You might be able to get a cheapy one at the auto parts store if you're lucky.

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How Do I ?

They sell plastic rivets in packs at Auto Zone. I would get some that have a phillips head for ease of re-use and just replace them. They push in and then screw them out to loosen them and they just pull out.
COOL THANKS :rockon:

Those are special plastic rivets which require a plastic rivet gun to install. They are one time use and cannot be reused. My plastic rivet gun cost me $75............but it's top of the line. You might be able to get a cheapy one at the auto parts store if you're lucky.
THANKS WHERE CAN I PICK UP ONE OF THOSE GUNS LIKE YOURS WHAT WEBSITE OR BRAND IS IT???I WOULD GET A CHEAP ONE BUT I DONT WANT IT TO BRAKE AND ALSO YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR!! :cool:

·
Registered
2,924 Posts

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
Napa

I picked up mine at the local NAPA- they had just the tool (35 I think) or they sold them with a kit---it must be a PLASTIC rivet installer - it needs a longer stroke (thats what she said---sorry I had too) to set right
Hope that helps

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
How Do I ?

I picked up mine at the local NAPA- they had just the tool (35 I think) or they sold them with a kit---it must be a PLASTIC rivet installer - it needs a longer stroke (thats what she said---sorry I had too) to set right
Hope that helps
thanks every bit of info helps!!napa auto parts??i wonder if they got a store where im from san jose, ca????im about to gooogle it!!:grin:

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
thanks every bit of info helps!!napa auto parts??i wonder if they got a store where im from san jose, ca????im about to gooogle it!!:grin:
I think you'll find one- they pre-date all the others (pep boys, autozone, etc.)
I'm originally east coast and they had them all over there as well- good luck

·
Registered
708 Posts
Don't buy a rivet gun, it's a waste of money. You can buy replacements that screw in at autozone.

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thanks

Don't buy a rivet gun, it's a waste of money. You can buy replacements that screw in at autozone.
cool im going to check that out tommorow!!!:grin:

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
Are these the same as are what are on the front splashguard?? If so I pulled out the small part, squeezed the sides of the narrow part that goes into the hole and pushed, didn't need a gun and took 10 seconds, these may be different though.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Just go to an auto parts store and get some push rivets that are of the same diameter.

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
I'm only basing my answer on the addition of the rear piece called an air diffuser- it came with the rivets and I needed to find the tool. I found it at NAPA after going to 2 other places

1 - 19 of 19 Posts