Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
the big thing is your trade in value verse what you still owe on it (negative equity) chances are you didnt put down 10 or 15 grand on it so you willl have that to worry about on the negative side and credit would be the other big thig because they can only finance you for a certain percentage over the value of the vehicle you are purchasing. but if your negative equity isnt too bad then it pretty much just comes down to the payment. you will go to the dealership and sign your car over to them and they pay it off and then buy the new one the same way you bought your current one good luck

·
Registered
263 Posts
Not trying to be mean, but are you over 16???

X2

If you have to ask what all is involved in trading your car in, you probably shouldn't be doing it.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Anyways.........ok dude take your parents or one of you best friends that know alot about this stuff. ie. someone who has bought and sold and traded in cars more that twice with you to the dealership. If you are to "upside down" on your current car then it will not be worth it to trade it in. If you dont know what being "upside down" I will explain.

Lets say you owe 25,000 on your current car, and it is only worth 20,000. That means that you owe 5 grand more than the car is worth. Hince you are "upside down" 5 grand.

Now when you trade it in they will take that 5 grand that you are upside down on and put that onto the balance of the new car. Example.

You buy a bee that is 40,000. but you still have that 5k that will roll over into the bee. meaning your buying a 40,000 dollar car for 45,000. So when you drive it off the lot, you will now be upside down about 10,000 or more.

So if you really want this car then take someone with you because they will screw you over if you let them, and you probably wont even know that you are letting them.

Good luck

·
Registered
139 Posts
It is most always a much better deal to sell the car outright. Trading in generally makes you lose money. The ONLY reason to do so is simplicity.

·
Registered
870 Posts
How do I trade my 07 Charger RT for an 07 Charger Super Bee? My payments will just change and thats it or is it more complicated since I still have payments?
Just go down and talk #'s. You'll really find out what's in stall once doing so. You don't have to buy it if the price isn't right, ya know? Besides, having a Super bee would be nice. :lol:

·
Registered
46 Posts
This would not be a wise purchase. the SuperBees are great, but not great enough to warrant either a 15 grand down payment and keep roughly the same payment you currently have, or an additional 300 -400 per month payment. Roll with the RT....Its not exactly chopped liver you know..:grin:

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
It is most always a much better deal to sell the car outright. Trading in generally makes you lose money. The ONLY reason to do so is simplicity.
this can be hard to do if your car is worth less than you owe which it probably is so you cant sell it to pay off the loan in full therefor you cant get the title to sign over to someone else so it prevents you from doing that

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
I wish the OP would chime in again. If the RT was bought new with only a small down payment it's likely you would wind up with alot of negative equity. Once you add the negative equity to the cost of the more expensive car you'll likely be in over your head. But if it is something you want to persue someone else said it already, if you can get enough trade value for your RT then the dealer will pay off your loan and work financing for the Bee. Pretty simple but you do generally lose money as opposed to selling it "private party" which takes longer and is a bit more complicated.
-J

·
Registered
287 Posts
Haters? I just have a hard time believing anyone out in the real world wouldn't have some basic understanding of the most basic principles of a loan.
Haven't you heard of the home foreclosure problems going on?????

There's a million idiots out their willing to sign their lives away to get something they can't afford or have no understanding of what they're signing. And yet when they get into trouble they want YOU to pay their mortgages.

pretty sad

·
Registered
5,147 Posts
Haven't you heard of the home foreclosure problems going on?????

There's a million idiots out their willing to sign their lives away to get something they can't afford or have no understanding of what they're signing. And yet when they get into trouble they want YOU to pay their mortgages.

pretty sad
Well stated....A lot of people would do well to adopt the phrase "if I can't pay for it that means I can't afford it".

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.