Charger Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,804 Posts
Welcome. We are mainly 06-09 owners but have a few classic owners who might be able to help but it might take a couple days or five minutes. Hard to say. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
1,024 Posts
You have to take off the headliner there are two screws on each end for the challenger im assuming that yours will be similar, they have a slight clip to them behind the chrome.

·
Premium Member
1,024 Posts
I was able to get every single interior and exterior OEM screw on Ebay for under $150 total, you definitly want to make this investment if you are restoring. Also you might want to hold off on the chrome until youve completed just about everything else mechanicly so you dont scratch it or dull it working on the other components.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Lets see if I can help,the door panel needs to come off to get to the mounting points for the trim on the door,should be about 2 or 3 mounts inside the top of the door.Same goes for the quarter panel trim(interior)panel needs to come off also.The driprail trim can be removed with a pair of channellock pliers,wrap the jaws with duck/masking tape so you don't scrach the chrome.Grab the chrome and gentlely pull from the bottom of the rail .it should just pop off.I have a 73

·
Registered
127 Posts
damn... im at work and cant see the pictures! i used to have a 71 but sold it to but my 07. the 71 needed work and i didnt hav ethe tim eto keep up with it unfortunately.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Thanks for that information. We're hoping that either of those work. That is a beautiful '74. Wow.
Thanks,as you can tell,it needs a bath.The bad thing is,the fact that it does not run.I need to get out there and do some work and turn it over.Man I miss driving it.There aren't very many of them around here,so it would stand out.I can't decide what color I'll paint it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My boyfriend and I just bought the '71. Trade an '85 Pontiac Trans Am Firebird for it.

It is full of Cancerous rust, but I know how to weld.
It's a fun project, and while we work on that we drive another car.

We're starting a Mopar Restoration company just for fun, and possibly as a serious business in the future.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks,as you can tell,it needs a bath.The bad thing is,the fact that it does not run.I need to get out there and do some work and turn it over.Man I miss driving it.There aren't very many of them around here,so it would stand out.I can't decide what color I'll paint it.
How long has it been since it ran? What's wrong with it? It is beautiful. I want one pretty badly.

Whereabouts are you that it would stand out?
We're in NW Washington, so they're not many around.
But a lot of old mopars are here.

We've started buying all of them and restoring them.

·
Premium Member
15,804 Posts
See. Plenty of help. Keep us updated as you rebuild. Most of us love the old chargers even if we don't have them. I personally dream of a black 68 or 69 parked next to my SRT.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I will most definitely post updates. This is my first real project. We're stripping it down completely.

Tonight we got the back seat out finally after a lot of trouble. And started sanding the interior. I'm really looking forward to finishing it. Even though we are going to do it right and slow. No cutting corners for us. :)

·
Premium Member
15,804 Posts
You mean you aren't going to use rudiculous amounts of Bondo?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Alright, we're cutting SOME corners. There are a few dents that we are filling with bondo, but the quarter panels are rusted through. We're going to weld on new ones. Also, we're going to bondo the A pillars. It had a vinyl top and so there is basically no A pillar left.

I just bought an amazing rotary sander, it works so amazingly.

If you are interested in seeing the progress of it, we have a blog kind of thing up on the internet.

I don't write anything on it because I'm normally working on the cars or taking the pictures. But yeah, we want to start updating it daily.

http://letsshall.ath.cx/

1 - 18 of 18 Posts