Charger Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 08 Dodge Charger SRT8, I have been unable to find to reset it to zero the owners manual has not been much help.

Bill

·
Premium Member
28,730 Posts
if the light keeps popping up... do this :beerchug:
Turn ignition to on (without starting car) then depress gas pedal 3 times, turn key off.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Turn key to the furst slot were the car is on but not running then press the brake for 15 sec 2 times with a pause between each press if that doesn't work I will ask my pops he's a mechanic but I'm pretty sure that's it goodluck

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Turn key to the furst slot were the car is on but not running then press the brake for 15 sec 2 times with a pause between each press if that doesn't work I will ask my pops he's a mechanic but I'm pretty sure that's it goodluck
Thanks I will try that.

·
Registered
145 Posts
ive never heard of the brake thing. this always works for me. turn key to on not starting the car, wait for all lights to go off(the engine light wont) press gas peddle 3 times and turn key off. never fails

·
Registered
9 Posts
okay folks,
I have a 2010 RT and have not been able to zero out my check oil message!
I tried everything I saw here.
turn to to "on" hit gas 3 times, turn off
turn to "on" hit brake 3 times, turn off
Turn to start hit brake 3 times, turn off
turn to start hit gas 3 times, turn off
tried the same above, with 5 and 7 times.
tried scrolling through the menus,
nothing seems to work
HELP!!!

·
Registered
468 Posts
You should be able to turn it all the way without it starting the car. Hit gas three times and let off quickly. Just three quick buries to the floor. Then turn to off and you're good. Start with the car off and then get in and shut the door and turn to on hit the gas three times turn off and exit the vehicle. No reason it shouldn't work. If it doesn't, take it to the dealer, they should do it and tell you how to do it for free.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
okay folks,
I have a 2010 RT and have not been able to zero out my check oil message!
I tried everything I saw here.
turn to to "on" hit gas 3 times, turn off
turn to "on" hit brake 3 times, turn off
Turn to start hit brake 3 times, turn off
turn to start hit gas 3 times, turn off
tried the same above, with 5 and 7 times.
tried scrolling through the menus,
nothing seems to work
HELP!!!
Make sure the system boots up before you hit the gas pedal 3 times. Turn key on, let system boot up, depress gas pedal 3 times slowly, turn key off. If you start depressing the pedal before the system initializes it will not recognize it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
okay, that's got it folks!
I don't know what I was doing wrong, but this time I shut the door,
awaited for the lights to go out, and hit the gas pedal 3 times real fast, then immediately turned the car off. it worked!
Thanks again!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts