Charger Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! I took off my engine cover and expected to see something similar to the SRT8's engine... To my sirprise, it was ugly. How do I go from this

To this?

Specifically talking about rearranging the hoses and those little mini engine covers that say Hemi. Where do you get those?

Also here is a pic of my Charger R/T AWD sitting outside at school... Luckily little high schools in Iowa get let out of school early from snow like this :) So I went home and created this thread! :)

· Registered
1,148 Posts
Need to copy the picture link, then paste it in the box that comes up when you push the picture box. On the reply window.

· Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok Ill try thing again.

What can I do to my RT to make it looks this nice?

· Registered
1,148 Posts
It worked this time.

The covers you are looking for are half covers. Billet Technology make them and others do as well but I can't think of who RIT now.

As for hoses, just reroute them. You will need longer hoses in most cases but its doable.

· Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Or like this minus the intake manifold.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
I really like those covers, that have the four sperate pieces that kinds cover the park plugs. But I would want them to look more stock, if you know what I mean. I daw a thread when a guy just took a pair right off and SRT8 and cut them to make them fit. Im considering that.

· Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

· Registered
1,007 Posts
I am trying to do the same but I want more of the performance than the look. So far I have purchased a SRT manifold, throttle body & fuel rails. Don't want the half covers. I have seen threads on making the half covers fit on a RT though. Just takes certain plug type things from an OEM

· Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I am trying to do the same but I want more of the performance than the look. So far I have purchased a SRT manifold, throttle body & fuel rails. Don't want the half covers. I have seen threads on making the half covers fit on a RT though. Just takes certain plug type things from an OEM
Wow! How much did all of those things cost??

· Registered
162 Posts
I really like those covers, that have the four sperate pieces that kinds cover the park plugs. But I would want them to look more stock, if you know what I mean. I daw a thread when a guy just took a pair right off and SRT8 and cut them to make them fit. Im considering that.
Rays half covers are the stock 6.1 half covers that he modified to fit his 5.7 the ones you saw are the stock 392 covers that were modified to fit the 5.7 either way they look good IMO i went with the 3gcustoms half covers

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.