Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
964 Posts
dude if it has hubcap wheels its an SE... and if it has 17'' or 18 alloy wheels its an SXT.. you can also check the trunk.. it should have SXT.... and if its an AWD it should look like your car its lifted.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Hmm thats a tough one :)

Would be an SXT but need more info to know if has AWD, it is possible as the R/T and the SXT have that option, no thers do.

Nice of your folks!

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Midnight blue was a 2006 only color and the AWD Chargers did not come out until 2007. Yours sounds like a 2006 SXT. :)

·
Registered
964 Posts
Midnight blue was a 2006 only color and the AWD Chargers did not come out until 2007. Yours sounds like a 2006 SXT. :)
good thinking.. i forgot bout that color bein discontinued...

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
What more information would you need? Would a VIN # help ? What other ways can I tell if it is AWD or RWD ?
If you go out and pee on the drive's side back tire it will turn green if it is awd:)

·
Registered
928 Posts
yep thats the quickest way, turn off ESP first

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
If it was brand new don't you have the window sticker still?

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
If it is a SXT it will have the following items.

Fog lights
Leather wrapped steering wheel
Leather wrapped shifter
4 silver spokes on steering wheel
Split rear seat that folds down.
SXT badge on the trunk
Chrome grill
Boston Acoustics sound system with 6 speakers including 2 in the dash board.

If it doesn't have all of these items it is a SE.

As for AWD, I believe they came with different rims than the RWD. You will probably have to do some searching to see what they look like.

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
What more information would you need? Would a VIN # help ? What other ways can I tell if it is AWD or RWD ?
Turn the steering wheel all the way to one side and go outside and peek behind the front wheels to see if there are any axle shafts going to them or just the usual tierods and lower control arms and knuckle ...

What does the car look like ?

Post a pic ...

1 - 20 of 86 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.