Charger Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Daytona 392
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My alarm went crazy today and I had to disconnect the battery to get it to stop. When I reconnected it the alarm started again so I was going to leave it disconnected for a while and then try it again, but I closed the trunk. So now how do I get into the trunk with the battery disconnected?

·
Registered
2017 Daytona 392
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK thanks, crawled through and popped the trunk. When I reconnect the battery the alarm is still going off. What could cause this?

·
Premium Member
2021 Hellion Twin turbo 392
1,474 Posts
Hit panic to stop it?

·
Registered
2017 Daytona 392
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I tried the panic button, didn't work. The battery was disconnected for 8 hours shouldn't that reset everything?

·
Registered
177 Posts
Drop the back seats down and crawl through the hole. There isn't a key for the trunk , I don't remember one being on mine or my Wife's 19
Should be in the key fob, just like the older ones.
Unless there's no key hole at all?
Everything I've seen has always had a back up option to get in.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
569 Posts
Should be in the key fob, just like the older ones.
Unless there's no key hole at all?
Everything I've seen has always had a back up option to get in.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
Only pursuits have trunk lock.

Is it factory alarm? I would have guessed that disconnecting the battery that long should have stopped it if not hitting unlock on the remote would do it.
If it's aftermarket alarm it died, rip it out.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Removing the battery terminals wont help, this kind of "reset" only works on minor things and generally does not effect the computer.
I suspect the reason behind the alarm going off is because the car cannot communicate with the key, you are connecting the battery with the trunk open the car will think its being broken into.

There are many things that may result in the alarm going off. Connect the battery and press the keys on the keyfob & try to start the car.
if the car is not responding try replacing the battery in the key fob ( the transmitter for the keyfob is located near the cupholders, try to keep the key close to that area when trying.

·
Registered
2017 Daytona 392
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I went back and hooked up the battery, horn started blowing. I hit the lock/unlock buttons - didn't do anything. Then I hit the panic button and it shut off the horn. I had tried that before and it didn't work but it seems all is good now. The weird thing before was that I could start the car with the key fob/remote start but the horn continued to blow even with the car running. Thanks for the input everyone.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts