Charger Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw the two twist rivets, but there is a plug, not sure how to disconnect it without breaking it.

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
There is actually 3 twist nuts.... one is further towards the fender. I believe there is a red tab that you have to push or pull I cant remember since its been a month or more. Get a flash light, I believe there is an arrow molded into the red tab that shows the direction to move it to unlock it.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
there are three wing type plastic nuts holding the light in you dont have to unplug anything the light will slide right out of its hole then just twist the sockets out and change the bulbs...fairly simple just be careful when you slide the light out make sure the plug slides through smoothly...

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Oops I thought he was changing tail lights... if hes just changing bulbs MagPearl is correct all the bulbs are in twist sockets so you wont have to unplug the harness.

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys, I didn't see the twist rivet at the top. By the way, I put silverstar 3057 bulbs, and they look no different than the stock bulbs.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Thanks guys, I didn't see the twist rivet at the top. By the way, I put silverstar 3057 bulbs, and they look no different than the stock bulbs.
yeah there really is no difference...i put led bulbs in there instead...after i did what you did and didnt like it...

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
I have bad experience with LED bulbs.... they seem to burn out really fast and of course they made my truck blink at a much faster rate which got annoying

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
I have bad experience with LED bulbs.... they seem to burn out really fast and of course they made my truck blink at a much faster rate which got annoying
i wired in resistors to get rid of the fast blink...i havent had any probs yet with them but time will tell i guess

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
i wired in resistors to get rid of the fast blink...i havent had any probs yet with them but time will tell i guess
Ya I had to do that on my Gixxer, I didn't do that on my suburban and maybe thats why they kept burning out. Oh well. I got LED tails and spray tinted them then I color sanded and buffed them and they turned out great, but they are a lil dark now.... oops!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts