Charger Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know a lot of you live in the southern US....not a lot of snow....but for those of you that live in the snow/sand/rock areas....How do the nose/hood area hold up? Do I need to worry and put a bra on the front, or are chips not a big issue with the Charger......?
I want to protect my car asap, if I need to be concerned.....

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Bra's are OK, but I think you might be better suited with a clear overlay system. It's like a thick tape that is installed over your front end and partially up your hood to protect it. Yes, these cars are prone to chips from just about anything.

·
Registered
620 Posts
I know a lot of you live in the southern US....not a lot of snow....but for those of you that live in the snow/sand/rock areas....How do the nose/hood area hold up? Do I need to worry and put a bra on the front, or are chips not a big issue with the Charger......?
I want to protect my car asap, if I need to be concerned.....
I don't think it's any different than any other car I've owned as far as chips go. If it's a rock and it hits the front of your car, it will chip. I think I had the car for a month when a piece of gravel came off of a truck, bounced on the road in front of me and landed on the hood. That left a mark. One thing I did notice about the Charger though is that the windshield seems to pit fairly easily. I've had mine for two years and it looks like it's been sandblasted. I think the bra might do more harm than good. They tend to scratch from what I remember.

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
Mine has a couple of chips already, made me feel that it chips pretty easy as I didnt drive though any conditions where I may have expected to see some damage ...

This winter will tell me quite a bit about the capabilities of this car, I'm especially anxious since I had it lowered and now the front chin spoiler seems SOOOO low.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have thought about putting the clear overlay on the charger.....after all I do vinyl work.....I've had a hard time finding the right clear product though.....there is one out there, but it is SOOOO expensive, it's not really worth it.
I have some regular clear......it's kinda thin though.....I'll have to work on a mock up so it will fit the car.
Unfortunately, up here, they use boulders to sand/salt the road. My Daytona Ram took a beating last year......and I don't want to use my RumbleBee either......or the Charger for that matter, but then I would have to walk:)
Hopefully the dirt gods will be in my favor, and not throw any big rocks my way!!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts