Charger Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How can most of you have a older charger, have a new charger, or have/be getting both. I mean I couldn't buy the rims on a charger :embarrese

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
I don't know if most of the owners on this site own both 60's Chargers and new ones. I would imagine there are some long-time, muscle-car charger fans in here that have both....keeping the older muscle and just glad as heck dodge brought Charger back. Personally, I don't own an older model...just a new one. I would love to own a 68 Charger with a HEMI but the check book just couldn't handle that for now. As for the cost of the new ones, well, I think dodge not only hit the nail on the head with the HEMI alone, coupled with bringing back the Charger...they nailed the whole thing for around $30K (a little more with additional options). Heck, a lot of little cars list for mid to high $20's and you really don't get much for that money. I love my Charger's interior room, comfort level, etc. plus massive power and cut lines. Not as cheap as a Saturn but a lot less than other comparable cars.

·
Registered
630 Posts
HIGH_HEMI said:
I don't know if most of the owners on this site own both 60's Chargers and new ones. I would imagine there are some long-time, muscle-car charger fans in here that have both....keeping the older muscle and just glad as heck dodge brought Charger back. Personally, I don't own an older model...just a new one. I would love to own a 68 Charger with a HEMI but the check book just couldn't handle that for now. As for the cost of the new ones, well, I think dodge not only hit the nail on the head with the HEMI alone, coupled with bringing back the Charger...they nailed the whole thing for around $30K (a little more with additional options). Heck, a lot of little cars list for mid to high $20's and you really don't get much for that money. I love my Charger's interior room, comfort level, etc. plus massive power and cut lines. Not as cheap as a Saturn but a lot less than other comparable cars.
I would agree with HIGH_HEMI, I don't currently own a 60/70's era Charger, although I used to (see sig). I bought my '69 Charger in '75 when I got a job that paid well enough for me to afford it. I worked on it and got it into street race condition over the years and then it fell into disrepair once I got married and family issues became more important. Since I am now in the position to once again own my favorite name sake, I am doing everything I can to have the car I want, not what I can settle for.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
FullCharge said:
How can most of you have a older charger, have a new charger, or have/be getting both. I mean I couldn't buy the rims on a charger :embarrese
Most of us started out just like you...It takes sacrafices to get what you want. I have to refinance my house so I can afford my car, but I also have two kids and my little pick up just won't do when my van is in the shop and such. It just takes planning...

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
I don't have an old Charger, but I do have an old car. In my case, there's no big secret. My '66 was my high school graduation car I got when I was 17 - in 1990 ($2800). It was my daily driver until 1997 or so, and since then I've only driven it maybe 30k miles.

I have a Lincoln I bought used last year ($14k) while waiting for 300Cs to become readily available, and we have a station wagon for my wife. So, having two cheaper new cars makes it easier to keep the old Chrysler hanging around. I don't spend any money on it, though...it's not exactly a trailer queen show car.

BTW I'm a lawyer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts