Charger Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys.

Some crazy news. I got my REC unit swapped out for a faulty unit under my nose at the dealership the other day and although I know that it's not my unit, I have to prove it to the dealership and police. With that said, I was wondering if you all know how to check the SIRIUS ID on the REC. I can't change the channel (it's stuck on channel 184) and don't currently have service. I think I can prove that it's not my unit since I have used SIRIUS before on my old unit and when the radio ID's don't match, I can prove my case. Thanks everyone!

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
Hey guys.

Some crazy news. I got my REC unit swapped out for a faulty unit under my nose at the dealership the other day and although I know that it's not my unit, I have to prove it to the dealership and police. With that said, I was wondering if you all know how to check the SIRIUS ID on the REC. I can't change the channel (it's stuck on channel 184) and don't currently have service. I think I can prove that it's not my unit since I have used SIRIUS before on my old unit and when the radio ID's don't match, I can prove my case. Thanks everyone!
Call Sirius. They'll walk you through the procedure. You push a few buttons and it pops up. I had to do it when my free Sirius expired from the factory and I had to start paying for it.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
That was my first inclination, but they're closed right now. Maybe someone else out there knows this button combination?

UPDATE:
Found it. It's SET and EJECT simultaneously while the radio is powered off.

I just realized though that SIRIUS has its own receiver so if the receiver is left alone but the REC changes, the serial number will not change. I'll have to figure something else out.

·
Registered
484 Posts
There should be a manufacture date on the REC unit, I can't imagine that the manufacture date of your car and REC would be more than a month apart.

Just a thought.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A bit of an update. I did get the manufacture date yesterday after I dropped off letters to the proper individuals. The manufacture date, however was 2004 (2 years before my cars manufacture date). The unfortunate part is that I bought it on eBay in 2006 or 07 so it really did nothing for my case.

Regardless, after spending all day doing his detective work, the service manager called me yesterday evening and told me that his tech confessed to swapping out my unit with his wifes unit from her Durango! Apparently after her saw me drop the letters off on Saturday and meeting with the Service Manager yesterday, he heard it through the grapevine that he wasn't as sly as he thought. Anyway the police are aware of the confession, I filled out my report at the precinct and theyll be arresting him later today!

Thanks for your help guys!

·
Registered
484 Posts
Glad to here you're getting it taken care of!

Sounds like someody else may be needing a new job lol.

·
Registered
298 Posts
late but just want to say that is a serious STEALERSHIP

1 - 7 of 7 Posts