Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 437 Posts

·
Premium Member
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

We are growing at a very fast pace here which is excellent, the larger the community the better we can help each other. So, in order to keep this tremendous growth rate, we are asking for suggestions and your thoughts on how we can improve the site. So, drop us a line with your suggestions, thoughts, etc. so we can make this a better place!

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
Suggestion -

Set up a knowledgebase sub-forum, giving a few trusted people (mini-moderators, if you will) access to add large threads of commonly-asked questions with answers. We see "How fast is the V6?" and "What's the .25mi of the R/T" and "WTF is the performance package?" all-too-often.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Keep The Idiot's Off This Site That Dont' Like The New Car Or Want
To Always Show A Stupid Coupe Version Of It Photo Chopped.
Most Of These Kids Can't Afford One And Alot Of Them Might Be 300
Owners That Are Definetly Jealous. The Charger Is Just Killin The 300
In Every Way. I Know I Used To Have A 300c And I'm Sooooooooooooo
Glad I Got Rid Of That Thing.
Also Please Keep The Photo Gallery Updated.
Site Is Awesome And Thank You For Having It.

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
Put in a function that automatically bans anyone that that compares the Charger to a Mustang, or cries that it doesn't look like the concept car, or anyone that bitches because it's 4door instead of 2.

That is all.

·
Registered
112 Posts
How about a board or master list for posted 1/4 mile times?

·
Registered
87 Posts
ekool,

I used to own a Camaro Z28, which I just sold it to buy a charger R/T, with R & T Perf. Pkg. In that regard, I regularly visited "CamaroZ28.com" and "LS1.com" (LS1 is the engine designation in 4th generation f-body cars). Both of these forums were tremendously successfull. You might want to view these sites and "borrow" any interesting ideas and structure. Of the two sites, LS1.com was the best. For example they have tecnical information specific to each engine, sections on care and maintenance, wheels and tires, exhaust, etc. And at some point you will need to add "vehicles for sale" and "parts for sale."

In any event, this forum is off to a great start!!!! Keep up the good work. It is definitely appreciated!!! :happy:

·
Registered
87 Posts
By the way, you were right in banning "wtl." :mad: That kind of attitude needs an adjustment, and you handled it perfectly! :happy:

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
sub forums for all types of modifications would be nice
ie..
wheels and tires
suspension
internal mods
exterior mods
performance mods
maintenance tips

so on and so forth

nevermind... I'm apparently a dumbass who hasn't looked at the forum subpage for a few days :embarrese

·
Premium Member
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Manris said:
nevermind... I'm apparently a dumbass who hasn't looked at the forum subpage for a few days :embarrese
No worries, Z28 mentioned we need a Buy/Sell area too, so I'll add that.

Keep the ideas coming guys!

·
Registered
9 Posts
epoch said:
Suggestion -

Set up a knowledgebase sub-forum, giving a few trusted people (mini-moderators, if you will) access to add large threads of commonly-asked questions with answers. We see "How fast is the V6?" and "What's the .25mi of the R/T" and "WTF is the performance package?" all-too-often.
I agree and not allow the moderators to also go over their line of disrespecting members when they have an opinion. Not allowing the moderators to be just thought moderate, not control.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
sillyme said:
I agree and not allow the moderators to also go over their line of disrespecting members when they have an opinion. Not allowing the moderators to be just thought moderate, not control.

I disagree with the comment on moderators, and feel that the above post is nothing more then a troll who was caught in lies, called members names when they called the member above on loads of BS... and then the above member was banned just to re-appear.... :whistle:

·
Registered
9 Posts
What are you talking about? If you are talking about me, your dead wrong. I am hoping around readin things, just speaking out. I have that right, just like you right?

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
sillyme said:
Just for the record, in case theres any question, sillyme does indeed share an IP address with the banned user, who was NOT just expressing an opinion, but flat out lying. A vehicles top speed is a factual thing, NOT an opinion. It may vary with conditions, but you can't change it by just saying so.

·
Premium Member
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
We try to make sure that our moderators always treat the userbase with courtesy and respect. We may not agree with the users all the time, but we do resepct your opinions. If a moderator is getting out of line, the best way to report it is to PM me a link and your take on the situation.

I think we have a good moderation team, so I dont see this as being a problem.

·
Registered
154 Posts
ekool said:
We try to make sure that our moderators always treat the userbase with courtesy and respect. We may not agree with the users all the time, but we do resepct your opinions. If a moderator is getting out of line, the best way to report it is to PM me a link and your take on the situation.

I think we have a good moderation team, so I dont see this as being a problem.
My 2 cents. I found nothing at all wrong with the moderator's handleing of "faith". He was respectful and only called her to the mat on the facts. Faith attacked the community once she was cornered on the facts. This forum has been, and still is a great place ot get and share information and facts. I find it very well maintained and fairly moderated. Please do not change the current team.

Regards

Mike "lammy"

·
Registered
630 Posts
Ekool, as it seems that I was the one that opened the entire can of worms by giving my opinion that what was posted didnt add up and followed it up with facts, I should at least offer my view here as well. I believe that everyone has the right to post an opinion as long as it is posted as such, an opinion.

Opinions are a statement of belief and/or understanding and can be easily understood by viewing members to be an opinion. However, all posts here are not always opinions. Post can also state facts and/or provide information. Those who posts facts and information should beware that if the post is wrong or unclear, the forum membership needs to and should challenge it and/or ask for clarification.

One reason for this is that a forum is not like a chat room where people can say anything they want. If they are wrong, on purpose or out of lack of understand, no one who comes into the chatroom even a few minutes later would not know anything about it. In a forum, a post is maintained for viewing by current and future members and can be referred to with links and by copying. If posts with wrong or misleading facts are not challenged then those who read it at a later time may or may not know if it truely is valid or not.

After reading the entire thread that grew out of my challenge, I found that the moderator was not only respectful, but was patient with the member who eventually was banned. I found nothing that he posted to be disrespectful of any opinion, but as I believe about challenging statements of fact, the moderator did what should be done by any member.

Maybe the knowledge of the various technical aspects of the new Charger clouded my judgement and I should have just simply asked for clarification. However, believing the ethics of challenging bad information overcame that decision and resulted in my post. I do not regret it, but I am sorry that it imbroiled the moderator in bad situation.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Actually if you had noticed. She did not continue and he choose to keep going with it. She was not banned. They only tried to ban her for the fact that the moderator did not want to fess up to the fact that he did take it to far. You can not ban someone from your site and then threaten them by saying your going to post something, that is illegal and against common etiquate. Why not try and make people pay for a membership then you can sit there and have all the control over your site as you have. I have noticed that you feel the need to defend and you feel the need to continue the sharade. The fact is you can't sit there and say liar liar pants on fire without a common decent shred of evidence other than I think, I know. Understandable that you may so called have this experience, but still does not give you those rights. If you made it where someone can post a picture sometimes, she probably would have put a picture up. I am sure you would have not believed it either. All I am saying is not to continue this back and forth. Just drop it all, she was telling the truth and you dont believe big deal. Just go on about your life and go proof yourself wrong. There are some people on here that have seen in person what she can do. She didn't feel the need to prove it to the board. I do see alot of slandering against you guys. Trust me not any of it is justifiable. If this doesnt stop now bothering us or her, I am sorry but I may have to take action. It isn't against you or this site, but enough is enough. Now respect that and I will leave you and this site alone. I feel that what ekool said was all that need to be done and was professional. I thank you for that. Just ask for the same in the people you have working on this site for you. Enjoy the rest of the day. I am sorry that it had to come to this and I am sorry that you did not want to believe for your own reasons. I dont want any repleys to this or to us. Just nothing else needs to be said.

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
Yes it does, damnit! The lies and mistruths continue. And you can't continue to misrepresent what happened, rewrite history and then say it's over.

I kept going becuase she continued to lie. Plain and simple. Continued assertations of proof mean nothing. She has a web page where she can post pics, thats obvious. Or she could email them to a member who can post pics, I'm sure many would volunteer to host them.

I did not ban her, BTW. Nor did I threaten her. I said flat out I would never disclose her full IP address. I said if I was a bad person, I would, but that I never would do that. Please feel free to quote where I threatened to do so.

I called her a liar becuase she made claims she cannot prove. See, the "burden of proof" in on the person claiming to have done things that are known to be impossible.
Please produce these people on here who have seen her do this, and no, you don't count. They must have been members who joined before this incident.

Now, on to this "If this doesnt stop now bothering us or her, I am sorry but I may have to take action" bull. Nobody is bothering "us or her" except to respond to continued efforts to make folks believe she was telling the truth when she wasn't.

·
Registered
244 Posts
How about a small practical thing such as adding the bar at the top of each page also at the bottom. So that when we page down reading posts, we don't have to roll back up to the top to go somewhere else? That might make life a little easier in my humble little opinion. :whistle:

tom.

1 - 20 of 437 Posts