Charger Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im about to order a set of wheels and i was wondering how wide you can go in the back and front. and im young(17) what does offset mean!!!!!! i just want to put some sick wide ass tires on the back!!

·
Registered
359 Posts
im about to order a set of wheels and i was wondering how wide you can go in the back and front. and im young(17) what does offset mean!!!!!! i just want to put some sick wide ass tires on the back!!
wait let me get this straight bro. u are 17 and u own an srt? seriously ? i want to work where u work if thats the case :).

·
Registered
10,177 Posts
Someone call SAVE THE WHEELS

If see 24" wheels on another SRT8 I may just stab myself to death with my car keys

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
no no no I DONT WANT 24's i want 22 with a 35 series or bigger tire.
i had big wheels on my 300. i just wnat to know how wide can the wheels be if anybody knows. and what offset means too. can i put a 12" or 13" wheel in the back and a 10" wheel up front or bigger.NO 24'S UGHHHH!!!!:sick: (for my car ne ways)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Folks are putting 295's on the rear with stock SRT 20 inch rims.....Ive heard of 305's with modded rims or aftermarket. For the front I guess 255 is about it, I think I saw someone with the 295's all the way areound using a spacer in front. I wouldnt do that if it was me however not a fan of spacers.

Jaybo

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
My 295s on 10s fit nicely and I dont have to roll my rear fenders... my fronts on the other hand need to be rolled since I have my KWs slammed in the rear and .75 from the lowest setting in front.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I've seen SRTs with 11" rims on the back, and that was pushing it. I don't think you'll be able to go 12" or 13" wide in the back. But, anything's po$$ible with the right amount of ca$h.

You'll have to roll the fenders either way. And make sure the offset is correct.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for all the response guys. what exactly are spacers, and what does offset mean!??

·
Registered
250 Posts
Folks are putting 295's on the rear with stock SRT 20 inch rims.....Ive heard of 305's with modded rims or aftermarket. For the front I guess 255 is about it, I think I saw someone with the 295's all the way areound using a spacer in front. I wouldnt do that if it was me however not a fan of spacers.

Jaybo
I had 305's on my stock srt wheels. They fit perfectly. Any wider and they would have rubbed.

·
Registered
5 Posts
thanks for all the response guys. what exactly are spacers, and what does offset mean!??
tirerack has a ton of useful wheel/tire tech articles. Try "Wheel Tech - How We Know What Fits Part 2" at tirerack (I don't have enough posts to post a link).

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
BUMP!!! any more info??? how wide you can go on the wheel? on my 300 i had 22x9.5all the way around. i want like a 22x11 or 22x12 on the back if possible and 22x10 in the front or something like that!! is it possible??? what offset??? need to knwo asap!!!!

ps thanks for all the response so far!! :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.