Charger Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to figure out how to wire up my halos. Currently, I have them connected to an accessory wire. That is fine for when I have the car on, but I would like to see them when I am coming up to the car, say when I hit the unlock/remote start. How would you suggest I go about doing that?

How do most of you guys have your halos wired? Do you just wire them to the +12V and turn them off when you get out of the car? I don't want to do that because I will forget all the damn time. Give me some options. :D

X

·
Registered
5,219 Posts
I have mine wired to the hot on the fuse block under the hood with an inline fuse. I also have a wireless remote connected that allows me to turn on 4 devices from pretty far away.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I also have a wireless remote connected that allows me to turn on 4 devices from pretty far away.
Where did you purchase the remote? Is that the one that AAC is selling (or something similar)?

I was considering wiring my halos to a circuit which enables if the accessory is on or if the turn signals or on. That way, when I hit the unlock button, the turn signals will flash and the halos will come on. However, I'm not exactly sure which way to build the circuit. I would need a timer or something for the turn signal input. The more and more I get into it, the more the circuit gets complicated. That's why I wanted to see how other people wired their's.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
I have a remote also and its great. I got my remote from oznium.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Georgiaslim whered you get those green ones from ? Are they hard to hook up ?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Those would look killer on the sublime !

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Georgiaslim whered you get those green ones from ? Are they hard to hook up ?
I got mine from AAC. They were pretty easy actually. The first time you do it can be a little overwhelming though.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If I wanted to have my halos come on when I unlock the car and also remain on for a bit after I lock the car, how would be the best way to do that. I love the look of my halos but I never get to see them unless it's in a reflection. C'mon people, I know I'm not the only one with this question. Is everyone just running them either straight off the battery or off the parking lights?

·
Premium Member
3,965 Posts
If I wanted to have my halos come on when I unlock the car and also remain on for a bit after I lock the car, how would be the best way to do that. I love the look of my halos but I never get to see them unless it's in a reflection. C'mon people, I know I'm not the only one with this question. Is everyone just running them either straight off the battery or off the parking lights?
What you're describing sounds like you want them wired into your interior lights but only some of the time. Tricky. Unlocking the door turns on your dome light. That's it. Problem is that after you get in and drive away, the dome light is off so your halos would be too.

What you're asking for is actually fairly complicated.

Yes, everyone is running off the block or parking lights or (in my case) the cigarette lighter. There isn't much else that would be useful to tap into.

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
wouldn't it work if he wired them in directly with the low beams? so when he hits unlock and the low beams come on the halos would too?

·
Premium Member
3,965 Posts
wouldn't it work if he wired them in directly with the low beams? so when he hits unlock and the low beams come on the halos would too?
Dunno. My headlights don't come on until I start the car.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Is there an easy way of doing a logic circuit, say the halos are powered if the accessory power is on OR if the parking lights are on? I might need to add some sort of delay into the parking light circuit so when the parking lights flash, it activates the +12V power source for a certain amount of time, say 30 seconds.

I think I'm getting myself into a pretty in-depth project. Hmmm.......

1 - 13 of 13 Posts