Charger Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like to do my own maintenance, but the ramps I have are way too steep to get my Charger up on. The chin spoiler hits the ramps. Anybody have a specific source for a good extended ramp? Or are most of y'all jacking the car up and using jackstands?
Thanks!

·
Registered
234 Posts
I ended up building my own ramps out of two 2x6"s.

One board is 3'6" Long, the other is 2' long (I think) It's just long enough so as I'm about to come up to hitting the 2nd board, my wheel comes up onto the first board thus giving enough room.

I cut a 45 degree angle into the sides I drive up on and I put some screws through the boards holding them together for my own custom ramp.

Cost me about $15 bux in Wood and screws.

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
I floor jack, and two jack stands

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
you just have to put some two by whatevers in front of the ramps, then drive the car right onup. I have a set of 2x4x36 inch pieces of wood as i work on cars out of my house. I use these to drive many vehicles up the ramps

·
Registered
731 Posts
I use a set of Rhino ramps. They work fantastic and the car goes right up without hitting any edges. If I need to get higher up, I use a jack under the crossmember and some stands once I have it up on the ramps.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Like PBGas, I use Rhino Ramps. The car goes right up with no rubbing. Of course, after I had the car on them I noticed the "warning" that said not to use them on cars that have wheels wider than 8". Hee hee. Here's the info:

Blitz / Rhino Ramp 8000

About this product:
8000 LB. GVW Capacity
Core-Trac Non Skid Feet
17 Degree Incline For Low Clearance Vehicles
Durable Structural Foam Plastic Design

Part Number: 11903
Weight: 10.01 lbs.

Autozones typically have them in stock and I'm sure they're available elsewhere as well.

Good luck!

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
Me, I got the old Rhino Ramps, with the higher angle, so I screwed "helper ramps" togeter from some 2x10 scraps I had laying around.

·
Registered
5,518 Posts
Rhino ramps here too. No chin spoiler on my R/T so no extra helpers required.

Best,

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Rhino Ramps. My chin used to hit the ramp first, but not anymore. Now when I want to sit on them, I go butt first, instead of sliding up on my belly.:lol:

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
i just squeeze under the car and push it up myself then put some stands under her, then i just lift the front off and then the rear...:grin:

·
Premium Member
8,140 Posts
who needs to lift the car to get under it, I just slide right under

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
i just squeeze under the car and push it up myself then put some stands under her, then i just lift the front off and then the rear...:grin:
This just in, Mag Pearl helps a friend with his trucks oil change

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
yep thats me...and my boy...he couldnt pick the truck up so i beasted it for him...but the idiot got angry b/c the filter was too tight so he started punching the fenders and pretty much ruined the truck so i just threw it up in the air and we smashed it with some hammers then threw boulders on it...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts