Charger Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, ok, i havent posted a story yet, since i got 30 min to spare now at home, ill say to the best of my abaility. well during my senior year in highschool i drove my 68 Camaro SS back and forth to school, yes has some body rust, i got rid of that 2 weeks ago, anyhow, and during school i decided to goto U Mass Lowell for Computer Engineering. ok ok, but i couldnt make the decision on whether to communite or live there, with no traffic its a 30 min drive, with traffic on 95 take about an hour, so after much thought i decided to communite, for one sole reason, i dont like the dorms. *Flashback moment* about a year and a half before this my father got a 2006 Subaru Outback L.L.Bean. 3 litre Boxer 6*cough V6 cough*. and so i kind-of at the time got influenced into Subaru. now here is the rule for getting me a new car. has to be at least mid size, has to have either 4WD or AWD, and a good safety rating. at first i was looking at WRX's, to small for me, im 6'2", then i was looking at Legacy sedans. and i kind-of liked them. i test drove them, and was very very very close to getting one, BUT my father said before we jump on this, see what else the other companies are offering. Ok so i look around. Mazda Speed 6, not happening. then i looked at the Ford Fuzion and 500, god they hacked that name. i didnt like the fuzion, and the 500 was ok, but there was one thing i didnt like about it, it had a CUV tranny, all 07's have that, but they were going to switch over to a 5 speed fr the 08's, but instead of callign them 500's they were going to call them Taurus's??? so im still looking around. and then i make my way to dodge, first im looking at the magnum, didnt want it, im not a wagon person. then looking at the Charger, ok, they come in AWD, good good, the first thing we looking at were AWD SXT's, then me and my father were like, waitaminute the HEMI's get the same gas mileage on the highway, i dont remember the sticer i think its 1 or 2 off, i do remember mine saying 17 24, but i can get 25-27 on highway, so that didnt matter, so now we are looking at R/T's. there is another story within this sotry about Herb Chamers Dodge. ill tell you that one later. so eventually i find one in Black in Fitchburg Mass. At Rob Bushards, sorry if i misspelld. when i got in the car it only had 2 miles, thats right 2 miles. the car came off the production line on June 4th, and was shipped either that day or the next, how do i remember, my fathers birthday is the 5th of june, and the car when i got there around the 14-17, literally went there a day before i showed up, i was like OMG this is brand new, no one has touched this car, that was the deciding factor for buying the car. plus, it was much better then the legacy more optioins, ect. the sticker price said 36K, BUT since my father works for Analog Devices and they are an affiliate with DiamlerChrysler, i eventualy got the car for 29K, not bad, and thats how i got my 2007 Dodge Charger R/T AWD. by the way it mroe then 100 driving back to my house, i took it wasy the entire way back.

·
Registered
110 Posts
well, ok, i havent posted a story yet, since i got 30 min to spare now at home, ill say to the best of my abaility. well during my senior year in highschool i drove my 68 Camaro SS back and forth to school, yes has some body rust, i got rid of that 2 weeks ago, anyhow, and during school i decided to goto U Mass Lowell for Computer Engineering. ok ok, but i couldnt make the decision on whether to communite or live there, with no traffic its a 30 min drive, with traffic on 95 take about an hour, so after much thought i decided to communite, for one sole reason, i dont like the dorms. *Flashback moment* about a year and a half before this my father got a 2006 Subaru Outback L.L.Bean. 3 litre Boxer 6*cough V6 cough*. and so i kind-of at the time got influenced into Subaru. now here is the rule for getting me a new car. has to be at least mid size, has to have either 4WD or AWD, and a good safety rating. at first i was looking at WRX's, to small for me, im 6'2", then i was looking at Legacy sedans. and i kind-of liked them. i test drove them, and was very very very close to getting one, BUT my father said before we jump on this, see what else the other companies are offering. Ok so i look around. Mazda Speed 6, not happening. then i looked at the Ford Fuzion and 500, god they hacked that name. i didnt like the fuzion, and the 500 was ok, but there was one thing i didnt like about it, it had a CUV tranny, all 07's have that, but they were going to switch over to a 5 speed fr the 08's, but instead of callign them 500's they were going to call them Taurus's??? so im still looking around. and then i make my way to dodge, first im looking at the magnum, didnt want it, im not a wagon person. then looking at the Charger, ok, they come in AWD, good good, the first thing we looking at were AWD SXT's, then me and my father were like, waitaminute the HEMI's get the same gas mileage on the highway, i dont remember the sticer i think its 1 or 2 off, i do remember mine saying 17 24, but i can get 25-27 on highway, so that didnt matter, so now we are looking at R/T's. there is another story within this sotry about Herb Chamers Dodge. ill tell you that one later. so eventually i find one in Black in Fitchburg Mass. At Rob Bushards, sorry if i misspelld. when i got in the car it only had 2 miles, thats right 2 miles. the car came off the production line on June 4th, and was shipped either that day or the next, how do i remember, my fathers birthday is the 5th of june, and the car when i got there around the 14-17, literally went there a day before i showed up, i was like OMG this is brand new, no one has touched this car, that was the deciding factor for buying the car. plus, it was much better then the legacy more optioins, ect. the sticker price said 36K, BUT since my father works for Analog Devices and they are an affiliate with DiamlerChrysler, i eventualy got the car for 29K, not bad, and thats how i got my 2007 Dodge Charger R/T AWD. by the way it mroe then 100 driving back to my house, i took it wasy the entire way back.

Umm....you're going to college?:knockout:

·
Registered
338 Posts
Great buy! Congrats... Did you get the 0% financing they got now. That is what I got on my 06 when I purchased it. I traded in a speed6. I have a bad left knee and could not handle the shifting in S FLA traffic anymore. Loved that car tho... But the Charger is a million times better.

·
Super Moderator
11,541 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
At least I didn't make everything one run-on sentence.

·
Registered
10,655 Posts
At least I didn't make everything one run-on sentence.
+1 for story
+1 For no run on sentence
-1 for spelling
-1 for time line (Unless you are Quentin Tarantino, then its +3)
hehehe just jivin ya

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I probally should have given a warning about my passage. Well, I was in a hurry. Today was the last day for my friend Nate here. He is going to Western New England. He is moving there tommorow. As for the +1's and -1's, at least im neutral. Further more, I did not want to think of school at the time, and its useages of correct grammer.

·
Premium Member
20,935 Posts
And so Humankind lives happily ever after.....:eek:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts