Charger Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just did my first fuel up after my cluster swap. My pump to pump calculation gives me 24.1 mpg. While the evic gives me an average 24.5. A little bit off. I am guessing it could be i havent correct tire size. Whats your guys result of the evic mpg reporting?

·
Premium Member
8,140 Posts
Seems about right. Evic knows whats exactly in the tank.

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
Mine tends to run a little low. It always has been low by about 0.5--1.5 MPG.

Mainly that's because when I shut the key off it continues to count the fuel pulses even though the engine isn't running. It continues to do this until I open the door and then the system shuts down.

It's a quirk of the EVIC when you have it set to keep power on after the key is off. I have mine set to 10 mins so that I can still run the windows up/down or listen to the radio for a few minutes before I open the door.

For whatever reason it keeps counting fuel pulses like the engine is still running. The EVIC displays the last RPM reading until I open the door and that what it continues to count.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Mine is always consistently 1.5mpg higher than actual fuel calculations. I would chalk it up to +/- error but my 2010 Camaro mpg readout was always exact.

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
My EVIC is about 1 to 1.5 MPG lower than the actual calculation method. I average between 20 and 22 MPG in normal everyday driving. I am at 84,000 miles right now. :driving:

·
Registered
575 Posts
Almost always one to two MPG optimistic. ONCE it was off on the pessimistic side, that was a pleasant surprise.

Rarely is it as close as OP's. Maybe never.

·
Premium Member
11,698 Posts
Sometimes it's close, sometimes it's not.

I track ACTUAL fuel economy with Fuelly.com.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
The times when I've calculated by "hand", the EVIC has never been more than 1/2 mpg over my actual mileage. Always over though, never under. But still pretty darn close to right on.

·
Registered
5,091 Posts
Mine tends to run a little low. It always has been low by about 0.5--1.5 MPG.

Mainly that's because when I shut the key off it continues to count the fuel pulses even though the engine isn't running. It continues to do this until I open the door and then the system shuts down.

It's a quirk of the EVIC when you have it set to keep power on after the key is off. I have mine set to 10 mins so that I can still run the windows up/down or listen to the radio for a few minutes before I open the door.

For whatever reason it keeps counting fuel pulses like the engine is still running. The EVIC displays the last RPM reading until I open the door and that what it continues to count.
Hmmmm... mine only keeps doing this when I keep it in ON mode. The MPGs will start going up like im gaining fuel, then at some point it stops... never in Acc or Off with power still being fed on timer.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I haven't checked in awhile, but the last time I did it was within 1 mpg.

·
Registered
8,952 Posts
It's funny, but my '07 Charger SXT did not have the mpg readout, but my '07 truck does! My Mustang also has the mpg-o-meter. As in the examples above, both of mine are pretty close to calculated mpg's. I like to check it at least weekly, because if it starts to drop unexpectedly, that is often an early-warning sign of an engine problem. ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts