Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I have about 340 miles on my car now. Most of which have come from me doing 0-60 MPH runs, no bull.

I do not race down hills or perform any other tricks to get these times. I have no modifications....I have removed the spare tire and jack, lowered the pressure in the rears slightly and run on about 1/4 tank of gas.

I want to know how accurate you people think the 0-60 MPH is????

Here is why I am asking...

I am now running below 5.4s consistantly. Come on, is this possible? Anyone???

·
Premium Member
8,140 Posts
Fairly accurate and depending on how many feet you are above sea level and air temperature this is possible. Those are great times BTW!!

·
Registered
928 Posts
yep I would go so quite accurate. These cars are very fast, the trick is to take of well, allowing for HAL to keep his nose out of business, and running on a cool engine with cool air.

I have also run a 5.2 (my best) with nothing but a CAI. HAL has more of an effect than you think on how the car performs. Even before you get mr squiggles to pop up hal is messing with your fun.

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
I don't really trust many timers, I've never tried the evic before because I've never had one. The only real way to test your car is to go to the track. When I saw that 5.2 I was thinking you had a SRT. 5.2 sounds too good to be true. You could always buy a G-tech and test it. From what I hear those things are pretty accurate.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't really trust many timers, I've never tried the evic before because I've never had one. The only real way to test your car is to go to the track. When I saw that 5.2 I was thinking you had a SRT. 5.2 sounds too good to be true. You could always buy a G-tech and test it. From what I hear those things are pretty accurate.
The track for sure (probably this Friday). But yeah, just got a 5.18.... I call BS on the stock 0-60 timer. Sorry guys, but I really don't think it can be trusted. Just my 2 cents

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How does this EVIC even work?

·
Registered
928 Posts
well lets look at it like this, if your evic isnt right then your computer is reading the info coming from its sensors right and that is NOT a good thing. I would have to say its at least fairly accurate.

AFAIK - it regurgitates information from the computer, its simply a display of its readings. because its integrated into the computer (which is why you cant add it after the car is made) I would have to think its fairly close else your engine could have serious issues.

·
Registered
3,862 Posts
well lets look at it like this, if your evic isnt right then your computer is reading the info coming from its sensors right and that is NOT a good thing. I would have to say its at least fairly accurate.

AFAIK - it regurgitates information from the computer, its simply a display of its readings. because its integrated into the computer (which is why you cant add it after the car is made) I would have to think its fairly close else your engine could have serious issues.

I've said it before...

This is the same EVIC that (under certain circumstances) continues to count down your MPG even after you turn off your engine.

Still think the EVIC is accurate, then?

It's a gadget.... a fun gadget, but a gadget nonetheless.

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
I trust times from SC's timer more than evic. I know the 1/4 times I ran on that are pretty much consistent with what I've actually run at the track. I wish diablo would add a feature like that too. That is one of the main reasons I bought SC. I guess I'll just have to go buy a G-Tech.

·
Registered
211 Posts
How does this EVIC even work?
I thought I read that its the G-tech software incorporated into the car....but maybe that is with the new SRT4.
Anyhow, the key to the G-tech and I'm sure the EVIC 0-60 reading, as it has to be using the same principles, is that the car has to be on a level street to get a true reading. It will still be accurate if you're on a downslope, so you can get lower readings than you think would be possible, however you won't be able to repeat those at a track as most tracks are level.

·
Premium Member
28,730 Posts
you could try the dashhawk too... that does 0-60 & 1/4 mile, plus it has a bunch of other goodies that the gtech doesn't and it cost about the same if you shop around.

·
Premium Member
28,730 Posts
The track for sure (probably this Friday). But yeah, just got a 5.18.... I call BS on the stock 0-60 timer. Sorry guys, but I really don't think it can be trusted. Just my 2 cents
from some of the 0-60 times i've seen posted on here when there r/t is basically stock and it's close to srt times... i too have to call b.s.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Just to add fuel to the fire, but I'm not sure that the EVIC can be trusted. One thing that I noticed about mine was the fact that the R/T would run around 5.7 or 5.8 on 0-60. Then, I did a burnout (a really good one! ). I noticed that my 0-60 was like 4.5 sec (and the car only moved about 20 feet). The way I figure it, the EVIC just measures 0 mph to 60 mph (via a speed sensor in the transmission), and not necessarily ground speed if the rear tires are spinning.

I'm really tired right now, does any of this make sense???

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
I think its fun to play with and in the right conditions it can be close to reality.
But it can be manipulated. i've seen a guy with a stock r/t on here with mid 4's posted..... sorry no way except on a severe downhill.....:smoke:

·
Premium Member
8,140 Posts
The timer is accurate to a degree. now granted the driver can cheat and get better times, an example.... Using Diablo turing off traction control and auto upshift I can hld the car at 1800 rpms, stand on it and drop the brake and pull 3 second 0-60 times, not accurate. But If I launch like a guy should I would have to say yes it is accurate. The timer is only as accurate as the launch you do, lots of wheel speen throughout first, exaggerated times, good hook up and light spin very accurate.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Sorry ppl, but to put all the questions to rest: The EVIC is NOT accurate; the reason being is it measures how fast the WHEELS get to 60MPH, NOT the car itself. This does not take wheelspin into account at all.

So for all you R/T guys claiming mid-high 4s stock (or even those bolt-on modded guys)... SORRY, YOUR CAR AINT THAT FAST!!!

:)

·
Registered
345 Posts
Well I am sure that may be true .... but how do you explain the guys who get a base time and it improves with Mods they do? Also it has to do with wheelspin.. OK what about the AWD guys who dont spin the wheels at all because they are launching the car via all the wheels. Is it dead on accurate.. probably not.. but it is a reference. YES. And why not let some guys feel good about their Charger because the times they get... makes em love it more. So why burst anyones bubble:lol:

·
Registered
3,886 Posts

·
Registered
716 Posts
The timer is accurate to a degree. now granted the driver can cheat and get better times, an example.... Using Diablo turing off traction control and auto upshift I can hld the car at 1800 rpms, stand on it and drop the brake and pull 3 second 0-60 times, not accurate. But If I launch like a guy should I would have to say yes it is accurate. The timer is only as accurate as the launch you do, lots of wheel speen throughout first, exaggerated times, good hook up and light spin very accurate.
That says it all right there. If you disagree read it again. If you still disagree print it out and sleep on it under your pillow. If you still disagree I can't help you. :dead:

1 - 20 of 54 Posts