Charger Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I just bought a charger about a week ago and am looking into purchasing exhaust. Problem is I moved to Houston about 2 months ago and don't know of any muffler shops that do a good job for a decent price. Can anyone refer me to a few places to go? Thanks in advance.

Robert

·
Registered
245 Posts
What part of Houston are you in?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I live in the westchase area off of westheimer just inside the beltway.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I’d say Uvalde Muffler. I spend a lot of time out at the drag strip and dirt track and they sponsor a lot of guys out there. They did my exhaust for me but explained it to me a couple of days before i got it done. When i went in there to drop it off they had a couple of really nice hotrods and some newer sports cars up on the racks.

They did a cut and past system for me. Replaced my mufflers with Flowmaster 40's and deleted my resonators for $245. They would recommend Magnaflow for performance and Flowmaster if you want to wake up the neighbors and don't mind interior drone. The guy i talked to also is the one who told me that our piping system for our exhaust is great and we don't really need to step up to a bigger diameter unless we are expecting to add cam, throttle body, and headers. Stock with a cold air intake and a chip mod is just fine.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Any other suggestions? Uvalde Muffler is on the complete opposite side of the city. Might check them out anyways if thats the only suggestion I get.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Any other suggestions? Uvalde Muffler is on the complete opposite side of the city. Might check them out anyways if thats the only suggestion I get.

we got your email into spacecity LX -- should be providing you info on install and a tinter shortly --- look for a reply from FreebirdSRT -- as he knows a great muffler shop in deerpark and a tinter in the galleria area..

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks SRTBEE. I got the message. Looks like I might go to Deer Park since I have gotten quite a few people saying they did a good job.

·
Registered
631 Posts
I have my work done at Ripleys, It is at Kuykendahl and 1960 or about 3 miles west of I45 at 1960. They did my Magnum work and they have been in business since there was nobody around in Spring. My resonantor delete and add tips was about $135 and I tipped the worker a $20. Removing my suitcase and replacing with dual Flow 50's was about $140 with another tip. Never had a problem with any of their work.

Randy

·
Registered
298 Posts
I use Mayco Muffler off Bellaire and Rampart... been in business for some time now and have never had a problem with them. I just recently installed SRT catback on my Daytona.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I just got my Charger as well and it came with a Lifetime Warranty and iw as wondering will an Exhaust system void it?

·
Registered
601 Posts
no, exhaust modifications will not void the warantee.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts