Charger Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any of you houston daytonas/Road & Tracks recommend running the brylcreem until getting a full setup...? just basically looking for a better sound, but dont have the cash to drop $1k yet.

ive been reading the other threads on the forum, but looking for any good reccomendations on a shop to go to.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
he probly wants a louder system :p just a shot in the dark tho.

i paid80 bucks for mine at a meineke offa long point. the guy at the front desk creeps me out a bit, but the dude who did the work did a pretty nice job. considering its basically a cut and paste job, most any basic exhaust shop shouldnt have a problem doing it. the hardest part is finding a good price. shops that have never really done something like this want to bend you over for a 30 minute job

what part of town you located ?

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
im out near jersey village, but was thinking about going out to southwest muffler on hwy6 near bear creek. They have done alot of exhaust work on my trucks.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
if the can cut pipes, bend pipes, weld pipes and use the expandy thingy on the end of pipes then they can probably do it with their eyes closed on any vehicle ;)

like i said, teh toughest part is finding a fair price. dont pay over 80 or so if you can help it, def not over 100

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah, im sure they will do it for a good price, esp since im a returning customer.

bottom line is that i just want something louder and meaner until i buy a full system later on. I am looking forward to the M&G so i can hear some of yall systems in person.

·
Registered
410 Posts
yeah, im sure they will do it for a good price, esp since im a returning customer.

bottom line is that i just want something louder and meaner until i buy a full system later on. I am looking forward to the M&G so i can hear some of yall systems in person.
They do good work ... put flowmaster on my truck ... really nice guys...

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
$80 out the door at southwest muffler

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
very nice. ill have my JBA system (minus the cats :cry: ) for you guys to hear this weekend at raising cains. im in LOVE. its exactly what i wanted. and i know the cats are gonna make it jsut right

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
dude, did you creem your system before stepping up, or go straight from stock to the JBA?

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
creemed it first. i knew i was gonna step it up eventually but i needed more sound for my v8 and it was way to quiet at first with the stock setup, and i even had r&t. even tho ive replaced my intake and exhaust, im really glad i found a car with r&t just for the suspension upgrades.

i had it creemed for...hell almost 8k miles. i loved it. totally worth the 80 bucks til i saved up enough for the jba system.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
sounds good! i agree with everything about the R&T, i just gotta have that growl though.

Im gonna try and get in to get creemed tomorrow, so hopefully if i make it out saturday night it'll be all set.

Lookin forward to hearing your setup with the JBA.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
ill be the skinny ass blonde kid with the silver car, scuffed front bumper and an odd lookin spoiler ;)

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
consider me creemed as of noon today! sounds really good, not too loud, but sounds great for day to day driving.

got on it on clay rd. coming back to work and there is not much as far as droning or cabin noise. the radio will probably be taking a break for a while :)

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
there wont be ANY drone with brylcreem.

the whole purpose of your rear resonators is to eliminate that specific drone.

they were designed and applied for that reason, and that reason alone. a side effect of which is of course being that they also dampen a lil engine roar.

that is the reason many opt for the creem over the "tuna boat" which is removing the rear resos.. in that they dont want any drone, and for which are willing to sacrafice a bit more rumble.

i loved my creem, starts to sound a bit nicer once you get those new pipes burnt in too.

but i can almost garuntee that soon enough your gonna wanna upgrade soon as you have some spare change hehe. you cant fight the urge!!

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
trust me, i already have plans for the year end bonus, and thats not too far off. :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts