Charger Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HOUSTON -- Several air travelers have come home from their trips to find they cannot drive their cars, KPRC Local 2 reported Tuesday.

Houston police said some cars parked on the top level of the garage at Hobby Airport were recently stripped of their tires and rims.

Darlene Smith's son called her early Sunday because he was left stranded.

"There was no tires, rims," Smith said. "All four were stolen."

The missing tires were not the only things wrong with her son's Dodge Charger.

"There was damage to the middle of the car on both sides where it had been jacked up," Smith's husband, Lionel, said.

"We're certainly sorry it occurred," said Mark Mancuso with Airport Security.

Mancuso said the airport does have security officers patrolling the garage, but there were no surveillance cameras.

"There's no guarantee," said Mancuso. "We do the best we can."

Security at all Houston airports is about to get an overhaul thanks to a $20 million bundle approved by Houston City Council.

Hobby Airport will get more than $5 million, part of which will be used to upgrade recording technology from tape to digital and to add more cameras in stairwells, elevators and the parking garages. The changes will take several months.

In the meantime, officers are patrolling the lots more closely, police said.

The Smiths said improvements were welcome, but they hope it is enough to keep the cars, and people, safe.

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
Maybe I should be on the lookout for some good wheel deals. Hobby is right up the road from me a few miles.

Scott

·
Registered
862 Posts
I would not want to leave my car at Bush or Hobby for any length of time. I don't even feel good about temporary parking to pick someone up

·
Registered
8,719 Posts
I would not want to leave my car at Bush or Hobby for any length of time. I don't even feel good about temporary parking to pick someone up
x2, I get rides to the airport, or take a cab

·
Registered
862 Posts
Saw a local news report this week that Airport Police or HPD, not sure which busted the ring of thugs responsible for the theft of rims at Hobby and Bush.

Glad they caught the bastards.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts