Charger Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed this yet? I wanted to lower mine but I'm not sure if it's going to rub with 22"s? Or because of the R/T Package, the load leveling shocks won't work properly because of the lowering springs.

Any info from anyone is appreciated.

Here's the HOTCHKIS TVS Stage 1 Sport Kit on truckperformance.

HOTCHKIS TVS Stage 1 Sport Kit

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
the thing with the r/t package is that you can't do a lower with those load leveling springs....guys that have tried on the magnums said that it actually increased height...odd huh? those dampers are mad tight and won't give for anything from what i understand...so i believe that you would have to switch out the dampers to the regular one...i believe 80 a piece and then put springs on.....obviously done at the same time. i haven't heard from anyone on this forum with the r/t package that has tried it.....anyone? is this info good?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought the dampers would be a problem too. I'll just wait and see, when I get the 22's on tomorrow. :whistle:

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
If I understand how the load leveling shocks work there will be a problem.
The shocks pump them self?s up as they move. There may be a way to move the mounting points or modify the level they are trying to get to, or you could just replace them with non-leveling shocks.
________
Live Sex Webshows

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
Bluonyx said:
I thought the dampers would be a problem too. I'll just wait and see, when I get the 22's on tomorrow. :whistle:

yeah the 22's might not leave much room to drop....you could go with the mopar spings 1" drop but you are still gonna need to get rid of those load leveling shocks for the regular shocks.

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
maneval69 said:
If I understand how the load leveling shocks work there will be a problem.
The shocks pump them self’s up as they move. There may be a way to move the mounting points or modify the level they are trying to get to, or you could just replace them with non-leveling shocks.

yeah that is how i understand it also.

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
mmmmmmm....... makes ya wonder huh?

·
Registered
743 Posts
back to topic.

Bluonyx said:
I think this is a mistake on their website, listing the Stage 1 kit for the car.
TBYRNE just replied to me that Hotchkis doesn't have the "combined" kit yet...

Another suspicious part is the price for this "kit" is less than the price for the sway bar only package (which IS available).

I think the mistake is this vendor put some other car's kit under 06 charger.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts