Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well I have to say, I will find it very hard to find a better suspension combo then this!

Monster (THANK YOU SO MUCH!) & I put the Hotchkis sways on last night and it wasn't bad at all. Just watch out for the brake lines when you slide in the new sway. Plus you do not need to remove the two top bolts for the shock. The install took about 2 hours in total.

So driving home I decided to see how these new bars will react to my driving skills or lack of driving skills. I decided to take a small detour from my normal path home on the 101 FWY and get of on Kanan Rd and the 101 and head over the nice small mountain they call Malibu. So the first couple of mins of that road and it was nice and smooth and nothing major because you are still in the city.

Now the fun happens about 10 mins into driving on Kanan. The roads get nice and smooth and very little traffic if any at 11pm. The first couple of turns went nice, no body roll and holding a nice stance throw the curves. I then decided to open my center console and press preset #1 which is setup for full stiffness on the Tein shocks. WOW... now hitting the corners a little faster and still no damn body roll!!! I have a huge ugly smile on my face thinking to myself, "Last time I came through here, I almost went off the side of the mountain." Just at that time, I pulled back my right foot and decided to just take a wonderful cruise down the mountain and what do I see coming up on the right side of the road... LIGHTS! By this time I was in calm down mode and everything went great!!!

Came up to PCH and made that right turn, rolled down the front two windows and tuned the radio to channel #75 (Sinatra) on Sirius and of course what is he singing... MY WAY!

What a great ride home with my new mod!!!

As for pictures of the install... didn't take any because Hotchkis has a great install manual that you can download from there site with step-by-step pictures.

:)

·
Premium Member
1,600 Posts
YOU STOLE MY SETUP!

lol. Congrats man. I had Tein Coil-Overs on my 96 eclipse GST and no car ever drove better, so those, plus the Hotchkis sways is the exact setup I'll be going with on the charger.

Can you also post some pics from the side of the car to see how she sits on the Teins?

Seriously, best combo ever IMO. Nice job! I cant wait!

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
Are they heigth adjustable?
Looks a tad low in the rear...IMO obviouslu :)

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
did you already rip off the front chin spoiler? Its gone in your other pics... lol looks awefull low in the front
I took it off and gave it to another member for his Magnum because a shop gave me a prototype carbon fiber one and it didn't fit. So I went out and bought another Mopar one and just haven't had the time to put it on.

·
Registered
424 Posts
They are TEIN Super Street coil overs...

All thats available for the Charger to my Knowledge (and I sell TEIN)...

They are RIDE HEIGHT adjustable and DAMPING adjustable...

Damping will adjust the harshness of the ride, with the EDFC unit, you can adjust a softer ride to a harsher ride on the fly with the push of a button...

They are ride height adjustable by adjusting the spring perches... By compressing the springs, it lowers the car, as well as increase pre-load on the spring, and vice versa...

With all TEIN coil overs, different spring rates are available as well as free length...

A case length adjustable coil over is preferred if you want to SLAM your car... This way, you adjust the casing of the damper and not add too much pre-load to the spring.

Adding too much pre-load to the spring will shorten the suspension travel and create a harsher ride over rougher roads...

TEIN will specify the recommended spring pre-load / ride height setting for optimal performance...

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well since I am the first fully sponsored coil-over Charger and they did the complete install for me. I would have to say that they did a great job.

I bought and installed the EDFC system on my own, since they already knew that the EDFC works well and didn't have to give it to me...

:)

·
Registered
831 Posts
PRICE???????? Thats the magic question!

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Are there any guys out ther with the tein set up on a charger srt8.
I heard of one guy in Cali doing this but I haven't met him yet but I do know of a 300C SRT8 running the Tein's and loves it as much as I do.

How much did the sways with all the tein and the electronic controller cost. without instal??
Thanks in advance.
The sways are around $1200 - $1300
The EDFC runs around $345 - $390

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ok so how much total did you spend??
Well since I am the first fully sponsored coil-over Charger and they did the complete install for me. I would have to say that they did a great job.

I bought and installed the EDFC system on my own, since they already knew that the EDFC works well and didn't have to give it to me...

·
Registered
764 Posts
I'd like to see the EDFC installed on your car.

·
Registered
704 Posts
This is probably my next major mod. Glad to see good reviews. Thanks

1 - 20 of 37 Posts