Charger Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I noticed some hood alignment issues this week where the hood meets the bumper it is a little low. Asked them to look at it while at the dealer for my final warranty look over (I have 35930 miles). They said there is an issue but they will not do the repair because I have put "aftermarket hood struts on and my AFE intake has been rubbing on the inside of the hood. Has anyone ever heard of this???? Can they really deny me warranty work based on such claims?

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
Hello,

I noticed some hood alignment issues this week where the hood meets the bumper it is a little low. Asked them to look at it while at the dealer for my final warranty look over (I have 35930 miles). They said there is an issue but they will not do the repair because I have put "aftermarket hood struts on and my AFE intake has been rubbing on the inside of the hood. Has anyone ever heard of this???? Can they really deny me warranty work based on such claims?
Aren't they Mopar hood struts?

You could always try and take the AFE out and the struts off and go to a different dealer.

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
aftermarket hood struts?

who makes them besides DCX?

NO ONE!!!!!

i would go back and raise holy hell.

they put the same struts. on the superbees and SRT's

go kick some arse

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Hood struts should be OEM. They are purchased at any dealership and they come standard on the SRTs. They were supposed to go on all models but DCX pulled them at the last minute to save money.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Aren't they Mopar hood struts?

You could always try and take the AFE out and the struts off and go to a different dealer.
Yes they are Mopar struts, and the way the AFE is rubbing I might say it is because of the hood mis-alignment not the other way around since the hood seems to dip down as it approaches the bumper.

Unfourtunatly I am out of miles, I just do not think I could get the car back and to another dealer with out going over the 36k. This was actually one of the first things I thought of as well but this all just seems silly.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Yes they are Mopar struts, and the way the AFE is rubbing I might say it is because of the hood mis-alignment not the other way around since the hood seems to dip down as it approaches the bumper.

Unfourtunatly I am out of miles, I just do not think I could get the car back and to another dealer with out going over the 36k. This was actually one of the first things I thought of as well but this all just seems silly.

You've already brought the issue to the dealerships attention BEFORE the warranty ended. They shouldn't deny you the covered repair because it wasn't fixed before your miles went past 36k

·
Registered
898 Posts
aftermarket hood struts?

who makes them besides DCX?

NO ONE!!!!!

i would go back and raise holy hell.

they put the same struts. on the superbees and SRT's

go kick some arse
+1 kick their a$$ :mad:

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The hood is sitting low? Did you try twisting those black rubber bumpers toward the front corners of the hood?
It is fitting correctly in the font corners. Then along the front edge of the hood moving towards the center it dives about 1/4" below the bumper and then comes back into alignment as it reaches the center where the latch is. the drop is more pronounced on the passenger side but exists on both sides.

·
Registered
862 Posts
B.S.
Hello,

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
That's BS there. You got a receipt showing that it is a Mopar part. That will clear that up. It's designed for the LX platform. Anyway, is the AFE pushing up on the hood?

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Well if the ends are good but the center is low, you might have an issue with the front fascia alignment.

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
Well if the ends are good but the center is low, you might have an issue with the front fascia alignment.
I agree. The fascia needs to be properly aligned first and THEN you dial in the hood by fiddling with the latch and bump stops afterwards. As others have mentioned, the hood struts are factory parts so your dealer is pulling your chain and just doesn't want to deal with your problem. If you just want it fixed and don't feel like wasting a lot of time, it might be more cost effective (time=money) to just pay a good/trusted body shop to deal with it for you.

Best,

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
take it back to them...seems like dealerships try to shaft us when they see our warranties are almost up!!

Reminds me of the situation with the Uconnect in my car! Take it to the dealership claiming it doesn't work properly while its under warranty, tech claims nothing is wrong with the unit...is working properly...owner doesn't know how to operate unit!! I'm no dumb-azz, Uconnect is too esy to operate. Uconnect is working properly up until I run past my warranty. Take it to the dealer, now all of sudden the program on my Uconnect needs to be updated and will cost me money! I said forget it cause I'm not paying for it...after coming to this forum, I realized that the tech just reset the unit and anotated that nothing was wrong with the it.

Since I still have that infamous receipt BEFORE the warranty ran out, I'm taking it back to them and have them update my Uconnect. You should do the same with your hood due to the fact you addressed the problem BEFORE your warranty ran out!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts