Charger Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it isn't really exterior, or interior, but they do boost me 10 HP, lol.

At the risk of sounding like a [email protected], I finally ordered my hood struts and I'm a little upset that there were no instructions. I haven't gone and really looked at it yet but how hard is this to do? Any help is greatly appreciated!! Thanks.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts

At the risk of sounding like a [email protected], I finally ordered my hood struts and I'm a little upset that there were no instructions. I haven't gone and really looked at it yet but how hard is this to do? Any help is greatly appreciated!! Thanks.

um screw them lil screws into the body and take a pic or flathead and pull the metal clips back push the strut onto the ball and push the clip back over it securing it in place

I think thats it its been a lil over a year since I did mine

·
Registered
287 Posts

See the post below for pics:
http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=317657&postcount=96

or here is the text:
install precedure:
1) Installied studs with a 1/2 deep well socket, did not need tap, the studs self started with no problem.

2) Popped the retaining clips off of the top strut with small flat blade screw driver by sliding blade into slot that was made for this purpose.

3. Slid open the plastic retaining on the bottom of the strut, and placed strut
on ball of stud and closed plastic retainer. Note: keep flat plastic retaing clip facing forward

4. Slide top of strut on ball (hood) and reinstalled metal retaining clips

Final: Stand back and enjoy

ADDED STEP: Thank MOPAR SuperCenter for the great parts at a great price !

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks everyone, this definitely helps!
No work today, so this is my project, then go fishing, man I love the Navy!!

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Look ma no hands, or prop rods!!

Thanks again for the help, it makes a heck of a difference. BTW, this is tough to do with a wrench, no deep sockets here, lol.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Luxury vehicle

·
Registered
39 Posts
Sorry to jack this thread, but I noticed that you have a grill similiar to what I think I want. Can you show any pictures ofthe front end of your car???
Is this grill metal of plastic?

I am looking for a highly polished chrome grill to mach the polished look of my wheels.

EDIT: All I needed to do was look at your first post. That grill looks great!!! I still would like to know if it is metal or plastic? Thanks.

·
Registered
349 Posts
this was the best write up on here about installing the hood struts. I needed a little more detail than, "put 'em on", like most threads said. i have no experience with struts or anything like this so it was very appreciated by this novice. thanks juanvaldz :rockon:

P.S.
the daytona grill insert came in today. I'll be tackling that this weekend.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.